Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well the numbers are all there for everyone to see . It was . We had to call it Junior though since the next week milds off a bit before retorch 

Ya that’s fine…but in sensible weather it wasn’t even close Kev, and that’s there for everyone to FEEL also.  

It’s akin to having a winter that’s frigid and snowy, and comparing it to a winter that’s just frigid, with little to no snow.  Which one is gonna be Remembered? And remembered more fondly…??? 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya that’s fine…but in sensible weather it wasn’t even close Kev, and that’s there for everyone to FEEL also.  

It’s akin to having a winter that’s frigid and snowy, and comparing it to a winter that’s just frigid, with little to no snow.  Which one is gonna be Remembered? And remembered more fondly…??? 

And +10 first 15 days of the month is drastically different than +10 over the last 15 days. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

ZERO!  
Lousy afternoon for sensible weather period. 

I mean it's like above normal or below normal ...neither matters and the engagement/conjecture over it all could not be any more futile when considering at this time of year, they are both a creepy scene in Shawshank Redemption with this New England prison we call spring -

unless the above normal is like +38 F or something. ha

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean it's like above normal or below normal ...neither matters and the engagement/conjecture over it all could not be any more futile when considering at this time of year, they are both a creepy scene in Shawshank Redemption with this New England prison we call spring -

I love how in the movie, Morgan Freeman’s character, “Red”, is narrating how May is “one fine month to be outdoors in New England”. 

Every time I’ve seen that in the past couple decades, I always tell myself, “good thing they were too early to experience May 2005”. 

• Haha 4

It's become abundantly clear that the Euro AIF model's real purpose/intent by that organization is to advertise ... because since it was foisted as free - no less - it's consummately serving a Burger King commercial of a bun sandwich in that time range. 

Speaking of which ... when are the models actually going to progress seasonal change?  It's another hang up of mine.  Every year at this time, the models try to keep Februaries rollin into May.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Maybe we could pull that off with obscene mins and rain lol. This whole disco is about max temps and nice weather it seems.

One side talks daily means, the other talks max temps.  Repeat daily.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The AI runs are just a clowny at day 10+ like the regular op runs though. But, it did look colder this weekend and it seems like it might be too cold. Granted 00z euro op was too. 

19 years ago ( jesus christ ) I worked at WSI for a coffee break.   While there, I had access to the Euro's entire suite.  I recall the operational version actually had panels that went all way out to 360 hours like the GFS.  

It always had a big bomb beyond D10 - or seemed to...

I'm inclined to suspect this AI version is just giving us what the regular version always has in that time range -

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

19 years ago ( jesus christ ) I worked at WSI for a coffee break.   While there, I had access to the Euro's entire suite.  I recall the operational version actually had panels that went all way out to 360 hours like the GFS.  

It always had a big bomb beyond D10 - or seemed to...

I'm inclined to suspect this AI version is just giving us what the regular version always has in that time range -

There's also various AI schemes I believe too. Like, I can take some backbone AI architecture and run it on the Euro architecture too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Maybe we could pull that off with obscene mins and rain lol. This whole disco is about max temps and nice weather it seems.

One side talks daily means, the other talks max temps.  Repeat daily.

Sensible wx is what most people care about at the end of the day. It’s like how in mid-winter, you can have a day where ORH is like 30/24 with spitting light snow. That day maybe ends up as +3. But nobody normal would actually consider that an above normal temp day. Esp since it was all driven by the min temps. 

It’s even worse imho in early spring like right now. You can have a 42/37 day with drizzle which is positive departures but nobody gives a fook that the low was 37 instead of 28. They consider that cold and miserable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1