Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Looks good..but you think we pull off 40 plus in the next two weeks? I guess we can always adjust higher.

59d0883feea4f40adc1b7ed91c872a1b.jpg

I guess Jay Peak or Stowe at like 3-4k could and probably will do well, but elsewhere... those 850 temps on the Euro are alarming for the wild snow/winter returning crew

22 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

RIP Maine?

gfs_apcpn_neus_56.png

What's obvious  now is a Archambault event is coming. Extreme rapid rise of EPO and fall of PNA coinciding with the full moon on the 25th. The shoreline has taking an extreme beating this year and this may be the cap off. TIDES aren't crazy high but they are high for an entire week this month. Currents are strong as well. Interior big snows in the cards as well

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What's obvious  now is a Archambault event is coming. Extreme rapid rise of EPO and fall of PNA coinciding with the full moon on the 25th. The shoreline has taking an extreme beating this year and this may be the cap off. TIDES aren't crazy high but they are high for an entire week this month. Currents are strong as well. Interior big snows in the cards as well

Too bad we can't all enjoy our last big snowfall.  

Another awful winter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yeah not sure it's 100% textbook Archambault, but gfs forecasts on CPC are close to +1/-1 on either side. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ginx all in. Peaks the interest.

• Weenie 1

42 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I hate any and all rain. So hopefully it stays north like the models are predicting.

I’m with you, like to be outside. The drier the better.  In all seasons.  All in on snow, but rain doesn’t do much for me.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BrianW said:

Were you up there in 2007? I lived in BTV in 05-07 when my wife was finishing up at UVM. We were just reminiscing about a freezing cold St Patrick's day party in 07 back when BTV actually got cold... haha

I'm so glad I got to experience that winter up there including that Valentines day storm. The amount of subzero temps that winter was nuts. I don't think I'll ever experience a winter like that again.

I was pretty much in downtown BTV on College Street, next to City Market for that time period.

That winter was the best comeback season ever.  The first half was atrocious, then there were some big storms that rolled trough in Feb/Mar/Apr.

The mountains went from awful low snowpack and crap winter to solid snowpack with fun and exciting storms.

I think 5-6 feet fell in April alone on the upper mountain.  Stake went from roughly 60” to 100”.

• Like 1