Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

You need to listen to rebel country station on Pandora/ rockin

I have it and listen . Thats a great song too. But if folks would watch that video I posted. Something about a truck and a beer and a girl in a red sundress .. I mean .. that is the American dream 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Today was nasty...only topped out at 42

It was a cold day.  41/34 is the spread since last night at midnight at the local ASOS.

Normal is 38/16.

+11.5 halfway through March is absolutely insane.  Has to be rivaling the top first half of March departures on record.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It was a cold day.  41/34 is the spread since last night at midnight at the local ASOS.

Normal is 38/16.

+11.5 halfway through March is absolutely insane.  Has to be rivaling the top first half of March departures on record.

Coldest +10 day ever

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Normal is 38/16.

Were you up there in 2007? I lived in BTV in 05-07 when my wife was finishing up at UVM. We were just reminiscing about a freezing cold St Patrick's day party in 07 back when BTV actually got cold... haha

I'm so glad I got to experience that winter up there including that Valentines day storm. The amount of subzero temps that winter was nuts. I don't think I'll ever experience a winter like that again.

month_3__year_2007__station_BTV__network_VT_ASOS__dpi_100.png

• Like 2

From Don Sutherland on the NYC forum.

Under variably cloudy skies and the lack of an onshore breeze, coastal sections saw the mercury rise to daily records. Daily record highs included:

Bridgeport: 72° (old record: 65°, 1990)
Islip: 73° (old record: 67°, 1990)
New Haven: 65° (old record: 61°, 2022)
New York City-JFK Airport: 72° (old record: 65°, 1986)
Westhampton: 69° (old record: 62°, 2014)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have it and listen . Thats a great song too. But if folks would watch that video I posted. Something about a truck and a beer and a girl in a red sundress .. I mean .. that is the American dream 

What are you stuck in the 50s? :lol:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. Chilly. Enjoy today. Too bad it appears we won’t time moisture with that airmass. 

Story of the last two winters…can’t time anything right. It was Amazing CT got the the foot plus on 2/13(1st thing that worked out in two years) or this year would  have finished the same as last year. 

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Story of the last two winters…can’t time anything right. It was Amazing CT got the the foot plus on 2/13(1st thing that worked out in two years) or this year would  have finished the same as last year. 

Same exact bullshit here. At least now we have months of heat and dews to look forward to. 

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I'm convinced its just engineered/baked into the physics of the season..no matter what the models show past day 6..it will devolve into a less snowy outcome. easy money. Maybe it's Tip's Hadley Cell barking

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Thick fog this morning…min 29.5°. Up and down over the next week. Hopefully that Friday cold shot moderates some. 

Let’s hope the gfs is wrong with 5-10” of precip by the end of the run. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Let’s hope the gfs is wrong with 5-10” of precip by the end of the run. 

3-5” sounds about right. Gotta keep those puddles up. We’ll get 3 dry days in a row in mid April and Epstein will start stressing about the potted plants.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

Were you up there in 2007? I lived in BTV in 05-07 when my wife was finishing up at UVM. We were just reminiscing about a freezing cold St Patrick's day party in 07 back when BTV actually got cold... haha

I'm so glad I got to experience that winter up there including that Valentines day storm. The amount of subzero temps that winter was nuts. I don't think I'll ever experience a winter like that again.

month_3__year_2007__station_BTV__network_VT_ASOS__dpi_100.png

90 on the 25th???  I checked CLIMOD and the max that day was the 3rd consecutive 49.