Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like deep cold though in the Plains/Midwest that does try to spill east. So something like one push in a week to 10 days and then a mild up before another push? But I don't see Morch really returning for a prolonged stretch again. I also would argue this is not the winter look that torched the same area that is going to receive the coldest anomalies. 

Alternating warmth and moderating cold. Not scared. 
image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This weather stinks

Too warm

Bring on cold and snow all year

Couldn't you move anywhere in New York and keep your pension? Tell KSLK you're on the way. 

19 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This weather stinks

Too warm

Bring on cold and snow all year

I will be the first to admit that I absolutely love the snow and winter. But I will say I'm a fan of every other season too. It just so happens that winter is my most loved ( and trust me, I'm alone in my house when it comes to that as my husband, my daughter, and my mother-in-law all are not a fan of winter, but my daughter does love a good snow storm. Lol ) 

If We could have a solid December through March of winter, cold and snow. I'd be all for it. But once March is done, I'm ready for spring and heading into winter. Each season leads us into the next which gets us ready for when we come to winter again.

That's just my take on the whole thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I will be the first to admit that I absolutely love the snow and winter. But I will say I'm a fan of every other season too. It just so happens that winter is my most loved ( and trust me, I'm alone in my house when it comes to that as my husband, my daughter, and my mother-in-law all are not a fan of winter, but my daughter does love a good snow storm. Lol ) 

If We could have a solid December through March of winter, cold and snow. I'd be all for it. But once March is done, I'm ready for spring and heading into winter. Each season leads us into the next which gets us ready for when we come to winter again.

That's just my take on the whole thing.

The shoulder seasons are just way too long now. Summer and winter take forever to get started. Summer is HHH but only for nighttime lows. Days aren't that warm and typically are cloudy and rainy. 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Take advantage of the nice weather.. and while your’re at it.. a few male prisoners in back of the cruiser .

There’s “Seasonal Affective Disorder” for the winter, which is understandable, but there must also be one for people who hate warm weather, sun and after 7pm sunsets. Maybe it’s just not an official diagnosis yet….

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Inland has  had 3-4 warm sunny days with 60+ this month. Several shorts days already with 3 coming this week including today 

Four huh? Is there a tarmac in Connecticut You're not telling us about?

Screenshot_20240312_155100_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..ya you’re close to NYC climate down there. It’s 60 here.  Still very nice out though today. 

If we get winds off the land this time of year we torch.   Anything off the sound and it's crap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I mentioned earlier or yesterday it's probably N to just BN overall...but doesn't look exactly warm spring wx either.

Nothing in the next 2 weeks argues for that ...well, 10 days anyway - nothing about the preceding 3 week's worth of modeling technology ever did suggest otherwise.

I don't know who I'm directing this toward, just sayn'

Between Friday and the following weekend it's about how much does the cold back off. It's virtually impossible on a world where we are east of the prevailing westerly wind direction, to sustain a -3 SD EPO for 7 straight days without temp departures leaning toward cold.  

Like I've been saying though...seasonal forcing is huge going forward with the sun increasing by day dumping short wave/infrared rad into the hemisphere, it becomes a matter of how much the delivery gets offset.