Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

17 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 4.45 am we just hit 10"!  So 1.75" last hour.  Must be at least 15.1 ratio snow... looks like another 30-45 min of heavy snow...

Just picked my daughter up from work. She said dad its like a foot. I said no way, strapped on my waterproof short boots, went out, snow went right over them. Time to get the pack boots out.....and still snowing. Biggest snow since 2022..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Boxing Day was definitely more of a true blizzard than 2016. Winds, visibility, temps and drifting make a blizzard more so then just total accumulation . Boxing Day was far superior in all those categories. It also had a much larger impact on the average NYer with many neighborhoods unplowed and impassible for days. 
Basically moderate pixie dust on the uws 

It depends on where you live, in January 2016 we had 12 consecutive hours of true blizzard conditions verified at JFK, and in January 2018 had 6 consecutive hours of true blizzard conditions verified at JFK.  That was the first time I ever saw either of those in my entire life. The snowfall was also 50% greater-- 30 inches vs 20 inches (actually 18 inches at JFK) is a huge difference.

The response to December 2010 was messed up by the city, I remember that the subway situation was completely mishandled. and trains got stuck on their tracks.

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

wow looks like those heaviest rates stayed just south of Long Island.  Can you extend it that map a bit further to the east, Fozz? I'm on the upper right side

Yeah seems like the best of the fgen band stayed south of LI

NNWpdG2.jpeg

• Thanks 1