Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

psu wants the kuchera maps, you don't want the kuchera maps, chuck is posting snow depth... what's a guy who's only contribution is posting maps to do? either way it's drier... hate to be a deb but drier. 

18z

1708164000-GfUkVTb7MvQ.png

12z

1708164000-SlfM78EeLYQ.png

It came across wrong.  I was speaking generally about how I'm approaching this.  As far as maps, the more the merrier.  Kuchera, 10:1, snow coverage in siberia.  It's good to have the data.  Appreciate all the posts.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That band they are focused on up there is long gone. That’s not ours.  But the snow band for us is associated with the mid level fgen and better deep moisture transport. We just have to hope the CAMs are keying too much on that banding up in PA associated with the lift along the arctic boundary and are underdoing the southern max. 

Yeah but yesterday you said don't hone in on the south max... you want the northern max

8 minutes ago, ovechkin said:

50 currently downtown. LOL. blew past the projected high of 46. Typical DC  winter M.O. now... watch it cloud over just in time for sunset and then watch for the 1 degree drop every 4 hours. Will see what wet bulbs are with the low later with the low dews. But it's always just so warm in the immediate metro.  

I was just over my expect high for today... was supposed to be 44 and I hit 44.8... down to 43.5/21.4 now

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

Yeah but yesterday you said don't hone in on the south max... you want the northern max

This was predetermined days ago.  It's why the GFS with the southern stripe yesterday was silly.  Climo wins.  The usual suspects are going to clean up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Yea I want lots of things I’ll never get. Yea the northern max will be the better one. Could even see some isolated 8-10 totals in there. But it’s gone. The wave amplified and that shifted way to our north. We’re working with the southern max or nothing now. 

• Sad 1

Just now, jaydreb said:

Arlington has already closed all school buildings tomorrow and cancelled all activities and sporting events.  

So did Baltimore County... At least for this they could have waited until tomorrow.  When the schools close their facilities... it affects all rec programs that use the schools as well.

The Catoctin's continue to a powerhouse snow magnet.  I like where I'm at for this, but it's definitely more chilly than cold leading in.  2-4" areawide still looks like a solid bet which is enough to make it look like winter.

• Like 1