Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

6 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Looks good. Reasonable. 

I love how the GFS has 10"+ across the river from me, with me getting almost nothing. 

This thing is gonna come down to rates.

Yeah I think this is about if/where that narrow frontogen band develops tomorrow morning. Just a little more south trend and extra tuck can get it over me…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Seems so close to a big thump for Baltimore metro area. DC has a bit more work to do but not too far out of it either. Feels like we need two more significant bumps south. Think we might just run out of time.

I'm wondering if Baltimore might be the cutoff for a "big thump"

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, wxmeddler said:

Stacked cut off low's are always hard to time ejection, but agreed. This is particularly bad. Compounded by the fact it allows time for the "cold" air to filter in from Canada.

Good thing we got the Beltsville site in last week.

2 minutes ago, Warm Nose said:

It was eluded to earlier in the thread, but the impetus for the sudden trend here is the HP is stronger than previously modeled?

I’ve seen a few things suggested:

stronger lakes shortwave 

weaker and more positively tilted southern shortwave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Warm Nose said:

It was eluded to earlier in the thread, but the impetus for the sudden trend here is the HP is stronger than previously modeled?

No, it's the timing of how the southern stream cut off low ejects, it's been getting slower / further west. Allowing the northern stream s/w over SK/MB/ND to kick it further south.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wxmeddler said:

No, it's the timing of how the southern stream cut off low ejects, it's been getting slower / further west. Allowing the northern stream s/w over SK/MB/ND to kick it further south.

Also the northern stream s/w is a bit faster than expected 48 hrs ago (this is also what's bringing in the cold air aloft), and perhaps a tad stronger.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, T. August said:

Well, different evolution at this point but the GFS did actually show a hit 7 days ago. 

It has gone through about 3 distinct storm variations. It’s currently returning to the form it had about 4 days ago

• Like 2