Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

3 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

What do you think for me in interior northern Ocean? Models have been kind but officially it’s all rain. Thermals will for sure be an inhibitor. 1-3 on grass realistic? Not sure what to expect at this point. 

1-3 but I could see you getting more then that if it switches earlier 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Here's the incoming flight into Orlando.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2082/history/20240212/2100Z/KLGA/KMCO

They will probably reassign the aircraft to a different route. 

All of the airlines are going to be pulling assets out of the NY airports until things settle down.

That’s probably going to be one bumpy ride through the Carolinas 

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

Truthfully you probably don't want to see mostly snow down to near ACY like the RAP is showing if you want big snows NYC area. This will have a pretty narrow axis of heaviest snow I think.

Models seem to have stopped the south shifts so looks like central NJ to NYC/LI are good to go. Finally a good storm trending the right way at the end! 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Models seem to have stopped the south shifts so looks like central NJ to NYC/LI are good to go. Finally a good storm trending the right way at the end! 

LI is in a good spot. NYC probably in a good spot although concern is if the best dynamics are SE of NYC then NYC would deal with white rain due to UHI.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

LI is in a good spot. NYC probably in a good spot although concern is if the best dynamics are SE of NYC then NYC would deal with white rain due to UHI.

It’ll still be tough in Midtown to accumulate but the colder places in the city look to get crushed. And I think up near I-84 should still be good since there’s very often a northern fronto band with good ratios. 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It’ll still be tough in Midtown to accumulate but the colder places in the city look to get crushed. And I think up near I-84 should still be good since there’s very often a northern fronto band with good ratios. 

I can see Long Island as a whole doing good as storm blows up more… latest HRR shows that as it engulfs the whole island with a heavy band at hour 18

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I remember in Feb 2010, the first storm, not the big one later, they were showing a bunch of slush in Midtown, not much happening. Next day though, in CP, I took a walk and it was nearly a foot of snow; someone made a snowman sitting on a bench smoking a cigar.....

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic