• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, mcap77 said:

Look in the bright side. We don't need to plow mud season like roads now. I wouldn't mind 2" or so to freshen things up though. 

I was anticipating depositing about half the "gravel" on my driveway into a snowbank. Just mucky all around, and the refresher is definitely needed around here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

It's like they're run out of the Pope's church basement

Pope is going to take this and run with it. And he got this one right, but the problem with him is he doesn't know how to communicate and look at all sides of the spectrum.  I think that's what gets him in trouble... But he got this one. So kudos to him

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I was just thinking about that today, i could have swore when i was in school in the late 90s and early 2000s we never saw cancellations until the morning of, like 5AM. Almost never. Cancelling the day before a storm seemed like it was recent thing to me.

Your right.  It usually only happened when a storm was underway during the afternoon or evening.  It is now the norm... 

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Pope is going to take this and run with it. And he got this one right, but the problem with him is he doesn't know how to communicate and look at all sides of the spectrum. But I think that's what gets him in trouble. But he got this one. So kudos to him

The pope predicted this to be a rainstorm. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

Our schools here cancelled right before the models ran south. It’s better for working parents to be able to plan childcare if needed.

That's exactly the main reason.  That's ok as long as everyone understands there are going to be the occasional bust...

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wouldn’t some parents actually enjoy a notification that school is back on?  The ones who know their day will be strapped due to childcare now?

Who will be the first school in history to try reversing an early decision?  At some point it’ll happen.  Text and call alerts. It could be done.  If some kids still stay home, who cares,  but you get the day in.

I'm actually in favor of being able to do that... Or at least change to a delay?  They all use email or text blast anyway...