• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, ChangeofSeasonsWX said:

Just like some of those storms in the 80s lol 40 years later and although forecasting abilities have gotten so much better this just goes to show that they are far from perfect.

I could go back to the 1970's and say the same thing. Even today the models with their algorithms still can have a very tough time sort out all the variables that can happen mother nature. She is and perhaps always will be in charge of the final outcome.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You will be fine. Christ you were worried yesterday about being it too far North 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cmon

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Good lord. What a disaster. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

This is a fooking disaster.

Steve doing his best to hold....

we need a last minute jump north or there's going to be a lot of toaster baths, what a difference 12 hours has been since I last checked, wtf...ALY not too concerned about my area and immediate Berks, but has taken amounts way back points NW, stating big gradient as this now looks to pass SE of the BM

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

I could go back to the 1970's and say the same thing. Even today the models with their algorithms still can have a very tough time sort out all the variables that can happen mother nature. She is and perhaps always will be in charge of the final outcome.

Absolutely this. I doubt we will ever be able to get it right 100% of the time, although I do agree that if the Euro verifies this would be the biggest bust in many years. Maybe since Feb 13, 2008? It's rare for them to get it this wrong this close to the event but this goes to show that it can happen.

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

THE NAM will be interesting...

I don't think it will be all that interesting...it's going to go way south because the 18z RAP/HRRR already did that....the 18z cycles clearly have data ingested that say this is going to be way south. The more interesting part of me is going to be if we see the mesos try and tick back N on the post-18z runs.

• Like 1