• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No, I think the people are focusing on details that are a little bit below expectation for what the guides are capable of doing - because they need to get the snow into their backyard very small movement seem very much bigger than they really are.

If we step back and look at it from a bigger, synoptic overview? Theres a decent short duration impactor that’s higher confidence - the changes are not significant to warrant whether that’s going to be the case or not

True so the smaller synoptic changes in the icon at a glance normally wouldn’t warrant the shift we are seeing in terms of precip and snowfall output you are saying? 

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

on way back to mass......on my phone so all I can hear is things are south, precip south,  south coast and CT getting slammed......sounds like a SOP.

Hoping that's not what it is.  For my sake that is.

You’re in great shape in westborough!

16 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

True so the smaller synoptic changes in the icon at a glance normally wouldn’t warrant the shift we are seeing in terms of precip and snowfall output you are saying? 

Right – I might be wrong, but I don’t see them as significant enough to worry or much “consternation”. 

I keep reading post like icon way south and I go look at it and it barely bounced. I mean it’s still a big blue inky dark mass of heavy snow for 4 to 6 hours between White Plains, New York and Bedford Massachusetts - doesn’t seem to change run to run to run to run to run. Bit of “over application of interpretation” 

It’s OK I get it though on the south. I mean whoever gets snow and doesn’t get snow might actually be a really tough and tight gradient to call down there because it could be 10 miles differentiating 9 inches from an inch of mix

…everybody’s gonna flash freeze as soon as the wind backs that isn’t already frozen.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Nicely done 

Not as confident out towards the Cape. I always have low confidence out there since I never go into great depth looking. Spent alot of time trying to digest the banding potential and highest total swath. I almost didn't want to include that area and go with a larger range because its going to be very difficult to determine how that evolves. 

The funny thing is we still have 3 or 4 model cycles before this goes into now-cast ‘panic’

… that’s when the battle royalle  between Librium and Xanax to determine what is the more effective management tool really gets going…

• Like 1
  • Haha 4