• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Monday is in the 40’s with sun until early afternoon.. so the first hours will be wet snow . We will need to see what we’re bulbs look like Monday morning 

what a nice pounder, some nice instability there as well

gfs_2024020918_093_42.25--72.25 (1).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There is the possibility of it being shredded but I’m more concerned of the best goods being north of 84, again. 

Yeah I would certainly be concerned for that as well if I were you. But given how the band should be pretty large, hopefully that would result in your area getting into it too. Still lots to iron out through the weekend. 

49 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think a 12-16'' max zone is absolutely doable with this and I agree with Kevin in that it should be entertained. 

By fall rates? perhaps .. I'm thinking 12" might be more common due to speed of system translation.   Maybe a couple 13.5ers for bragging rights.. which technically justifies the top side of that range but the interquartile density/distribution is 12"  Now, someone pops one of those zomb 7" hours with a couple of CG .. that makes that easier.  But I'm not sure CSI is very factor-able being on the left exit-left entrance side of the jet. 

12" in 4 hours is good stomp and I don't see the heaviest axis lasting very long in any location ... in and out. 

It's likely to go down hill outside really fast.  You see it start snowing so you run out to the store, and by the time your coming home your wondering if that was such a good idea type visibility problems.  The lifting mechanics will move in/through quite fast

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah I would certainly be concerned for that as well if I were you. But given how the band should be pretty large, hopefully that would result in your area getting into it too. Still lots to iron out through the weekend. 

Yea. I have a hard time believing this doesn’t shift one way or another over the next 72hrs. 

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Discounted.

Yeah I’m about ready to toss anything well south. I could still see N of pike getting only a moderate event from a system further south but it’s becoming less likely. I still think the zone with the most wiggle room is prob your area down to N CT around Kevin. 

I think central and south-central CT is in decent shape too but a N tick could make it a sloppier event with maybe a longer wait for the snow there. 

• Like 2