• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

Man this feels like perhaps the longest lead in to any potential winter weather that i can remember. If for some reason we don't score well during the favorable period or if it starts to fall apart on the models then holy yikes is there going to be some broken souls in here. I bet the board loses several posters forever if that happens I can think of 5 that i'm hoping for :)

10 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Man this feels like perhaps the longest lead in to any potential winter weather that i can remember. If for some reason we don't score well during the favorable period or if it starts to fall apart on the models then holy yikes is there going to be some broken souls in here. I bet the board loses several posters forever if that happens I can think of 5 that i'm hoping for :)

We are now actually rooting against scoring now because it will prevent us from having better looks……CLOSER TO MARCH. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aldie 22 said:

They Are Who We Thought They Were GIF - Dennis Green Theyare Whoe We Thought They Were Football GIFs

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thanks...yeah, Zwyts sounds correct and familiar from that time.  I thought he changed his name to @Deck Pic though...not sure.  At any rate, I definitely recall his comments about the March 2015 event.

Can't trust people who change their name...

• Haha 1

The Mid Atlantic may have the winter of 2010 incoming in late Feb thru March 25. You guys may be buried up to your roofs in deep snow.

But in south Texas, there are major signs that it is already mid April. The southeasterlies are getting established. I am becoming frantic as I attempt to get spring preparations done in early February. Weeds are rampant. Grasses are growing as though it were already April 25. The eastern US may about to be plunged into frigid winter with record historic snows in a couple of weeks, but we here are pretty sure it is spring already, and this is early even for us. I spent three hours trying to mow my 12 inch lawn. This is ridonculous for this time of year. I am already in short sleeved shirts and inhaling huge amounts of sweet iced tea, trying to stay cool in early Feb.

Enjoy your deep winter, Mid Atlantic! You guys are gonna get obliterated by snow soon, as we pass all the moisture up to you and it interacts with all the frigid air on the other side of the Continent!

Meanwhile....... in other news!

It is POURING SNOW AGAIN, in Mammoth!!!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/main-lodge

They just cannot keep that parking lot clear of fresh snow!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/woolly-cam

ANOTHER 8 inches, on top of the 58 they already have! That's just THIS storm!

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

On balance, it is a TON more fun to have one of the majors doing this five days from an event even if it is on an island - just fun to dream a bit - especially given that this is still the period before THE PERIOD OF INTEREST. 

Yeah, we don't need the constant reminders its on its own...lets just weenie out and dream.  :lol:

Just now, nj2va said:

Yeah, we don't need the constant reminders its on its own...lets just weenie out and dream.  :lol:

Right? It's five days away - given where we were 24 hours ago when everyone was dunking on the idea of the event/thread (and, with reason, really) - this is a delightful turn of events - been like 18 hours of being able to hope a little - and given that we are in a fallow tracking period - that's a fookin' great thing. 

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

On balance, it is a TON more fun to have one of the majors doing this five days from an event even if it is on an island - just fun to dream a bit - especially given that this is still the period before THE PERIOD OF INTEREST. 

Is there a form we should fill out to have the GFS stripped of its Major model status?  In my book if the ICON is beating you it's time to reasses.

1 minute ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

I don't know what all this GFS hate is. If you know what its biases are, it's easy to work with as a 1-model system. 

The mockery is due to its low verification scores.  NWP is too complex to always just be able to "adjust for biases".  Sometimes you can, like when you just mentally add 5 °F onto whatever the Canadian shows for 2m temps.  Other times it's not that simple.

23 hours ago, aldie 22 said:

I don't even know WTF I'm supposed to be looking/rooting for at this point. And when you consider how different the GFS is upstairs than the Canadian and Euro are, it just confuses me even more.

8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I don't even know WTF I'm supposed to be looking/rooting for at this point. And when you consider how different the GFS is upstairs than the Canadian and Euro are, it just confuses me even more.

You can sort of tell that the boys who have been excited about the upcoming pattern are starting to have to get creative in saying that it's still coming. This is feeling more fizzle than sizzle at the moment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is there no end to our bad luck at receiver? Haven't we been through enough? If this is true this would be the peak of it all...By far the most talented we've ever drafted...and yet this might happen? You've got to be kidding me, smh

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Is there no end to our bad luck at receiver? Haven't we been through enough? If this is true this would be the peak of it all...By far the most talented we've ever drafted...and yet this might happen? You've got to be kidding me, smh

Well, to be fair, he hasn’t been charged, and even if he does, he’s innocent until proven guilty. What I find interesting is that the date of the incident was a week before the AFC Championship game. Makes me wonder if the Ravens (and the NFL) knew about it a week before the game.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic