• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday 1/28-midday Monday 29/2024 snowfall and OBS most of the NYC subforum including potential 1/2-2" NYC-LI-heavier toward I84.

wdrag

1 minute ago, the_other_guy said:

It’s hard to ignore that this is a storm with good track on 1/28and it’s just raining.

This is what many guys predicted would happen in the 2010s.

I just think climate is too warm and we turned the corner here now. At least in the New York City area. Going forward snow will be more of a rarity if true

Agree

First NYC and then it goes north. Soon snow will be a thing of the past for many areas.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

It’s hard to ignore that this is a storm with good track on 1/28and it’s just raining.

This is what many guys predicted would happen in the 2010s.

I just think climate is too warm and we turned the corner here now. At least in the New York City area. Going forward snow will be more of a rarity if true

This happened all year long in 97/98. Repetitive perfect benchmark storm tracks and nothing but heavy rain. 

People who were not old enough in 97/98 are getting the full experience now.

Also, although it may be happening more often, we had perfect storm tracks with rain in the 70s, 80s and 90s outside of 97/98 as well.

Perhaps I am not as worried since I lived through this before, however I am confident we will get into another 1955 - 1969, 2000 - 2018 period again. Problem is, the lull periods tend to be much longer than the snowy periods. I just hope it's not 30 years like 1970 through 1999 lol.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Snow/rain mix, mostly snow at the moment, temp has been steadily dropping this morning, down to 35/33 now 

I’m down in the tropics aka Manhattan right now but the word is it’s all snow and 0.5” on the ground imby

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Another drenching 1"+ rainfall here.  Did go to a period of wet snow between 8 and 9 am that caused the deck to get a LIGHT coating of slush and slightly whitened the pines in the yard.  All gone now as it went back to rain once precip intensity decreased.  Temperature 33.5 to 34.5 since about 5am.

• Like 3