• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

47 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

It's trying to flip now here in Weatogue. Sn/ip mix. 

I think we still have a tricky 12 to 14 hour period ahead... not so much about heavy qpf, but lots of variety of types...  Image if we just had a "normal" air mass sliding back into the region tonight... 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The whole commahead will fill and rotate thru even down to S CT after 6:00 or so . Easily another 1-3”

hopefully, don't have high confidence iin that happening...usually that peeters out during the transfer to the main coastal, unless it is really amped

Just got done driving home from the southern Maine Coast. Pretty cool to see how truly elevation dependent this snow is.

That being said, I'm higher up than Fitchburg, but they've got more snow.

Being the weenie that I am, I take solace in the fact that while areas closer to the coast may sometimes jackpot over areas in the far interior, I retain snow better. Prior to today's snow, I had only some exposed patches of lawn. Probably 80% coverage. Fitchburg, Leominster, 495? Bare ground...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sharon/Foxboro area got a slushy coating around noon time. I notice nws basically has .2 for the total storm accumulation as most new channels have that area in 1-3 2-4. Curious how tonight will work out, going off nws we basically won’t be getting anything? Have a feeling they are incorrect and too low in areas in the boston-providence line that are away from the coast

Drizzle appears to be mixing in with the few pitiful flakes that are falling. If this storm sucked any harder it would create enough vacuum pressure to re-erect the tent that collapsed from the storm on Jan 10th. Here she is as of today, haven't even gone down to peak inside there. Frankly can't even remember much of what's in there.

Wrecked Tent.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there’s prob some spots above 1000 feet that got close to 2”…esp a little further south near ORH and Paxton…wonder if Pickles ever went to Paxton.

Negative . I was content in Holden and got out of there when I saw rates drop . 

Currently on Billerica / Chelmsford line at pressed cafe and it’s snowing steady fatties and not accumulating but grass  is fully covered here 

9 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

Upstream radar (BGM/ALB) looking quite impressive out there .. gotta watch how thats translates east. 

I’m watching that area just north of the ML center in NE PA…I think if we’ve got a positive bust up our sleeve tonight, it’s going to happen just north of that…Berks to N ORH county and near MA/NH border looks best but some of the goods may be as far south as pike region or S MA border near dryslot. 

We’ll see. Expectations fairly low, but we watch. 

IMG_0185.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m watching that area just north of the ML center in NE PA…I think if we’ve got a positive bust up our sleeve tonight, it’s going to happen just north of that…Berks to N ORH county and near MA/NH border looks best but some of the goods may be as far south as pike region or S MA border near dryslot. 

IMG_0185.gif

My eyes have been peeled to that like Runaways lips to a bong . Gonna be some surprises tonight north of NYC

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

IMG_0185.gif

That’s what it looks like to me. You want to be near and north of that where the good lift will help cool the column vs the showery/banded stuff south. 

Hopefully it fills in more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah expectations are def low for us by the pike, but would be nice just to get in 1-2 hrs of 1"/hr type rates