• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

How helpful are the HREF snowfall products?  Know they are an ensemble of other models.

trend seems a bit snowier around these parts, but not sure if that is a function of the models that drive the output (eg HRRR).

16 minutes ago, HinghamBoss said:

How helpful are the HREF snowfall products?  Know they are an ensemble of other models.

trend seems a bit snowier around these parts, but not sure if that is a function of the models that drive the output (eg HRRR).

Don’t buy it. Probably HRRR driven 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The elephant in the room:  temperatures are well above normal in NNE to the Canadian border.  Not what sne wants to see the day before a storm.

Yup, this is mostly rain for most outside of the hilly terrain. Oh well. The woman and I are heading out soon for some drinks and some dinner…life goes on. 

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The elephant in the room:  temperatures are well above normal in NNE to the Canadian border.  Not what sne wants to see the day before a storm.

I think That was modeled well . We needed rates for first 1/2 of tubs anyway . This thing just never seems to organize well anymore . Many runs had a 6 hour period of .5+ QPF after 0z for areas N of pike into SNH . That appears gone as does the CCB so lol ..we take em down and see if this reverses 

15 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

If it was 2 degrees colder man…. Some nearby towns have 800-1000’ elevations I wonder if they can sneak out a miracle. 

Seems like elevation won't matter unless you're north of HFD. Euro 850s are toasty most of the event except the mid level stuff that develops which I'm guessing is overdone.

11 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Just adjusted it north. But it’s a zero confidence forecast.  If we get some more shuffles and a trend that’s our friend then I’ll adjust south. 

I think 3-6” is a good forecast for anyone above 700-800 feet in the state . There also could be 1-3” Monday in addition statewide 

• Confused 1