• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I thought the WAA was more impressive in Jan 7th deal...it was immense. One of the more impressive WAA displays I have witnessed. 

Yes. I wasn’t saying WAA always is overdone, just more often than CCB stuff. Front end thumps can be awesome…but models will sometimes overdo it. 

12/16/07 is often our favorite WAA event to talk about around here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Will said just yesterday they are not useful and way off in elevated terrain in these types of events. 

Yeah very well could be.  Just worth noting when they are so much different than the other snow output.  It gives me pause, it worked well up here in several of the paster events in December. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah very well could be.  Just worth noting when they are so much different than the other snow output.  It gives me pause, it worked well up here in several of the paster events in December. 

I’ve always thought since we started tracking that you’d want at least some elevation to get more than a few inches . No matter if you’re north or south of 90

This reminds me of last March 13th(I mean nobody is getting 30” like Dave and Ineedsnow did then, with this POS) but that one was just rain, and then white rain here when it transitioned.  Same crap airmass idea is what is bringing that one to mind. 

And Just like that one from last March, a coating to a half inch perhaps here would be what I think happens.  Unless the NAM has a clue, and we go isothermal, but that’s a long shot imo. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This reminds me of last March 13th(I mean nobody is getting 30” like Dave and Ineedsnow did then, with this POS) but that one was just rain, and then white rain here when it transitioned.  Same crap airmass idea is what is bringing that one to mind. 

And Just like that one from last March, a coating to a half inch perhaps here would be what I think happens.  Unless the NAM has a clue, and we go isothermal, but that’s a long shot imo. 

Pray for a big ole WAA thump or bust 

I think you have a decent shot for one 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Pray for a big ole WAA thump or bust 

I think you have a decent shot for one 

Yes, significantly away from the coast here, that could be a possibility, however I’m not feeling it. I’m expecting some rain and white rain, and then let’s move on and see what other ways we can not have it snow in February :lol: in SNE. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

Possibly but i don't think they're broadcast territory includes the folks up there.

Western areas of ORH county def get the Springfield channels but yeah, most of them are going to be tuning into Boston networks. 

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This system has the disappointment potential of a late March storm.  

Could be tough sledding in the valley in this type of system. Though you might have enough latitude to do a lot better than the valley further south of you. 

• Like 2