• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You too . What don’t you like ?

Prob how disorganized it is. I don’t necessarily like that either because you won’t get good accumulation with that look. 

There’s plenty of time to make this more consolidated but I think we’ll want to see this trend better in the next 2-3 cycles to be more confident in anything over high end advisory. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob how disorganized it is. I don’t necessarily like that either because you won’t get good accumulation with that look. 

There’s plenty of time to make this more consolidated but I think we’ll want to see this trend better in the next 2-3 cycles to be more confident in anything over high end advisory. 

GEFs modestly improved...  Also more spread closer to the Islands.

fwiw -

I just wonder if the operational GFS has the jitters about venturing the PNA across signs

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t think this will a warning anywhere in SNE.. nothing that starts as rain usually is 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think this will a warning anywhere in SNE.. nothing that starts as rain usually is 

It doesn’t have to start as rain…and when I say start as rain, I don’t mean for the first 20-40 minutes while the boundary layer evaporationally cools. Yeah technically that counts as “starting as rain”, but it doesn’t really materially affect the storm totals.
 I mean for like several hours while we wait for heights/midlevel temps to crash.

There are several version of this storm where we are already cold enough aloft to snow in the beginning. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It doesn’t have to start as rain…and when I say start as rain, I don’t mean for the first 20-40 minutes while the boundary layer evaporationally cools. Yeah technically that counts as “starting as rain”, but it doesn’t really materially affect the storm totals.
 I mean for like several hours while we wait for heights/midlevel temps to crash.

There are several version of this storm where we are already cold enough aloft to snow in the beginning. 

There was an event about 5 years ago or so in December .. started as heavy rain in the pre dawn hours. I remember because I was running in it early that morning . It flipped over to heavy , wet snow. We had 6” of pretty solid past nice it flipped over . I believe the lower spots and coasts also flipped but had less . 4-5 years ago or so . I bet you know the event  . This reminds me of that .

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There was an event about 5 years ago or so in December .. started as heavy rain in the pre dawn hours. I remember because I was running in it early that morning . It flipped over to heavy , wet snow. We had 6” of pretty solid past nice it flipped over . I believe the lower spots and coasts also flipped but had less . 4-5 years ago or so . I bet you know the event  . This reminds me of that .

12/5/20? Sounds like your description. ORH had a 10” paste bomb in that. We had like 3-4” here and further east had like 1-2”. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup … that would be the one. I knew ORH crushed it. When don’t they 

This actually looks colder than that one believe it or not. The one thing in that one though was the dynamics were very strong, esp in the first half of the storm. 

I want to see some better dynamics in this threat. A few model runs have had it but a lot more runs have been a bit disorganized. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

This actually looks colder than that one believe it or not. The one thing in that one though was the dynamics were very strong, esp in the first half of the storm. 

I want to see some better dynamics in this threat. A few model runs have had it but a lot more runs have been a bit disorganized. 

Does this event remind you in any way of that ? In looking at it .. to me there were some similarities. But yeah.. dynamics needed to entertain 6-10”

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If it’s not one thing, it’s another, but it seems like this has like 8 ways to be bad and 2 to be good. I want to believe, but you know how it’s been.

I’ll take 3-6 and throw a parade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1