• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

It the sadness for coastal sne or all of ne?  Primary to Cleveland isn’t a bad thing up here if it brings the precipitation shield further north before a transfer.  Sounds like this one won’t miss to the south.  Also could trend better from here(or worse) but with cold air coming in it probably trends better.

• Like 2

Last couple cycles of the GFS have delayed the arrival of colder air compared to prior timing ... That's going to be crucial to ptype in this because the entire system structure is moving into a region that will be early April -like by the time it arrives.

As is, there is an eventual transition but it would probably be a too little too late. 

It seems for winter enthusiasts the sensitivity for what you want succeeding or not is the handling of that +PP loading from the N.  Unless we some how cool the column without it ... Otherwise, this may go down as a successful realization of a storm genesis but we're getting shirked - so to speak...

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It the sadness for coastal sne or all of ne?  Primary to Cleveland isn’t a bad thing up here if it brings the precipitation shield further north before a transfer.  Sounds like this one won’t miss to the south.  Also could trend better from here(or worse) but with cold air coming in it probably trends better.

Looks excellent for CNE and perhaps into interior SNE though more precarious further south. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is kind of like a mini 3/5/2001 in terms of modeling evolution.

The favored areas are prob pretty similar. This can still keep trending warm too though. But it equally could trend back colder, so we’ll see. But I’d feel pretty good in CNE right now and cautiously optimistic over northern interior SNE. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The favored areas are prob pretty similar. This can still keep trending warm too though. But it equally could trend back colder, so we’ll see. But I’d feel pretty good in CNE right now and cautiously optimistic over northern interior SNE. 

I feel good for a decent snowfall where I am...I don't expect a jackpot or double digits again...plowable. Keep biding time adding numbers so that I am poised to finally hit normal snowfall when the big pattern sets up in Feb.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

So this means south of ORH is a Rainer? 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So this means south of ORH is a Rainer? 

It might be. We don’t know yet. Further north is favored right now but it could still produce where you are. We wait and see on model trends over the next couple days. 

We’ve been Charlie browned by the N/stream plenty enough in the past. … I could see this inching colder until 36 hrs before go time only to have it roar back N with bad handling of the amount of that influence all along