• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Omega trying to spike footballs if we get a pattern he explicitly said wasn’t going to happen would  be the meme….

IMG_0163.jpeg

Exactly....everyone will cling to either the "no snow " or, H5 plots as validation in the face of mounting frustration. Can see it now.....everyone wins (loses). People need to salvage forecast victory in the face of dissapointment with respect to sensible weather outcomes.

42 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I am not optimistic about this first 10 days of February or so....has SNE bone-job written all over it and the bickering will continue. People like Pope and Omega will be citing the lack of snow posting clown GIFS, while Brooklyn will be posting animated plots of a bowling ball plowing through Halifax and Georgia.

i do think that the pattern initially is more MA favored with that omega block, but it should open up for you guys. 2003 and 1983 both smack BOS. as did 78 and 58, of course. i’d feel better around my latitude though, at least for the first 15 days of the month 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This is an interesting post..   I mean, at first it reads, "... Dropping from Nunavut to ACY ... highly unlikely"  ...implying thus it should be dismissible.  

But look out! - some scenario at D10 ( no less ) where it is probably even more preposterous per comparing climate, 30" of snow at Norfolk VA, must somehow have legs. 

I get it - we're dancing around some notion that one way or the other we'll see some reality that is disappointing and seems unfair ... lol  

First, you need to understand the difference between an implication and an inference.  I imply nothing other than it is unlikely.  You infer that I am declaring it dismissible.

Second, I don't give a damn what the clown maps say for Norfolk.  I am implying that a significant storm on the east coast "makes some sense"...and that's a direct quote from my post.

Lastly, I predict it "will have legs".  I also predict that the 49ers and Ravens will win tomorrow...maybe I am wrong on all three...what do I know?

• Thanks 1

First, you need to understand the difference between an implication and an inference.  I imply nothing other than it is unlikely.  You infer that I am declaring it dismissible.
Second, I don't give a damn what the clown maps say for Norfolk.  I am implying that a significant storm on the east coast "makes some sense"...and that's a direct quote from my post.
Lastly, I predict it "will have legs".  I also predict that the 49ers and Ravens will win tomorrow...maybe I am wrong on all three...what do I know?
Well if you believe the Super Bowl Logo color conspiracy, they will

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Ha, way to go euro!  I just glanced quickly at the 24 hr increments on TT.  Awesome storm with no cold air, lol.

Yeah it's way west, but I'd rather see some wide goal posts at this range than all runs having it over New Brunswick.

It's also the OP so I highly doubt that run won't be an outlier in the ensembles. 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That would be the icing on the cake for this winter. Coming up on the 2 year anniversary of our last warning event here, and our last all snow event.

The 1/7 storm a few weeks ago wasn’t a warning event for you there?  I know it snowed at the end for you guys there…but it didn’t reach warning criteria?  

We managed to squeak out a warning here in that one. 

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

The 1/7 storm a few weeks ago wasn’t a warning event for you there?  I know it snowed at the end for you guys there…but it didn’t reach warning criteria?  

I think Taunton had 4 or 5, so advisory.

.5" here 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Not here. He slanted 6” though. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Thank god it’s a day 9 fantasy run…that won’t be there at 0z, let alone tomorrow. But ya, that’s ugly. 

Yea. It’s a good signal with support but oh boy do we need to keep some cold around. You’d think that shouldn’t be an issue in peak climo but this is the 2020’s…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It’s a good signal with support but oh boy do we need to keep some cold around. You’d think that shouldn’t be an issue in peak climo but this is the 2020’s…

I mean at some point ..we gotta catch a break.  Rough stretch of late.  But We’ll appreciate it that much more though when we do get a big one. 

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think I got 6 total? So maybe technically a warning, but it was spread out so not even sure it met the official criteria, and a warning was never issued 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’re not gonna snow with a ULL going from Detroit to Pittsburgh then looping east and the back NW toward BUF. That’s an ugly upper air look. But that’s exotically far west compared to everything including the ensembles that just came out. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You’re not gonna snow with a ULL going from Detroit to Pittsburgh then looping east and the back NW toward BUF. That’s an ugly upper air look. But that’s exotically far west compared to everything including the ensembles that just came out. 

How do they look(ensembles)?