Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 18-19 Storm Threat: Bob Chill made me do it

stormtracker

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Law of averages - We get better trends into the event last storm and this storm it gets worse leading in

We had good trends but we peaked too soon yesterday. 

however, my 0% scientific opinion says at 0z we actually see this come back our way a bit. I said that last week and that was the start of our comeback. Trying to replicate all the variables. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Vort pass continues to edge north with each run.  it's almost over us now.

Yesterday I showed how that was trending our way. That trend the 24 hours previous was why it started to look promising. Unfortunately it’s been bleeding the wrong way since.  Often it’s missed because it’s incremental each 6 hours and doesn’t always happen consistently model to model. If you play the “look for whatever gives me hope” game it’s also hard to see. But if you pull back and compare to 24 or 36 hours ago it’s gets hard to ignore why it’s going sideways for us. 

this is the opposite what we wanted. 
IMG_1102.thumb.gif.f2337b944823d05adbbfeb00e6e61573.gif

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Yesterday I showed how that was trending our way. That trend the 24 hours previous was why it started to look promising. Unfortunately it’s been bleeding the wrong way since.  Often it’s missed because it’s incremental each 6 hours and doesn’t always happen consistently model to model. If you play the “look for whatever gives me hope” game it’s also hard to see. But if you pull back and compare to 24 or 36 hours ago it’s gets hard to ignore why it’s going sideways for us. 

this is the opposite what we wanted. 
IMG_1102.thumb.gif.f2337b944823d05adbbfeb00e6e61573.gif

It just almost never comes back S with a northern stream wave too… i don’t even know if our 100% successful methods will work on this

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

It just almost never comes back S with a northern stream wave too… i don’t even know if our 100% successful methods will work on this

The only times a NS wave has trended south it's been because it was suppressed by confluence becoming modeled too weak.  It happened twice in March 2014.  The problem is, and was true in both those cases, that also weakens the wave.  One of those March 2014 storms was originally modeled as a 18-24" storm for PA.  In the end it was a 4-8" storm in VA.  This wave is so weak already that the suppression it might take to force it back south...would just mean there was no storm for anyone.  Squashing it south of us doesn't really do us much good.  I have almost NEVER seen a NS wave trend more "diggy" the last 72 hours which is what we actually need.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic