• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring some form of significant ( to be determined more precisely) impact winter storm, Jan 16/17th. Moderate seems to be the upper limit - for now

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

So is this the first real win and good showing from the reggie since the Jan 26-27 2015 score that everyone likes to quote as the last time it was "good"? Storm hasnt played out yet but as far as i can tell the RGEM has been locked for days barely waffling. 

It did real well that whole blitz in ‘15, but then it shat the bed pretty much since. Although this year, so far it seems to be sniffing out trends decently…so maybe. 

• Like 1

The jacks tend to move closer to the event. Even if we are hours from start

Makes sense though right? Models narrowing the playing field down to the favored locations. It is interesting though that it appears those who cleaned up last storm will do so again with totally different atmospheric conditions.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That’s a pelting for most in sne on the 18z NAM.

Yeah sleet gets well into interior but that’s a good shot of snow before that happens. Thinking 3-5” with some spot 6”+ is a good call outside of 495….prob more like 2-4” for the 128 belt. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

looks like mostly zr to me with maybe some sleet mixed in south of the pike

Lower levels look like sleet but actually upon further review most of the meat is snow with the initial push.   

• Like 3

There was a storm.. I know Will would remember.. Between 2001-2004 .. Walt was on the desk that  day and I think it was a Saturday and pretty sure in January. All along leading up to it looked like snow with WSW up. That morning Walt noticed warming aloft and said there’d be little snow south of pike. And it turned out he was exactly right. We started as ZR and it ended up a pretty good icestorm locally. I am wondering if there are any similarities to this one?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There was a storm.. I know Will would remember.. Between 2001-2004 .. Walt was on the desk that  day and I think it was a Saturday and pretty sure in January. All along leading up to it looked like snow with WSW up. That morning Walt noticed warming aloft and said there’d be little snow south of pike. And it turned out he was exactly right. We started as ZR and it ended up a pretty good icestorm locally. I am wondering if there are any similarities to this one?

Almost sounds like the early January 2005 ice storm in CT. We had warning criteria snow in ORH for that but just down to the south it was a lot of ZR. There was an elevation component to it too down there where some of the hill towns had almost a half inch of ice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Almost sounds like the early January 2005 ice storm in CT. We had warning criteria snow in ORH for that but just down to the south it was a lot of ZR. There was an elevation component to it too down there where some of the hill towns had almost a half inch of ice. 

That was it . It was the last winter in our house in town here on the Green. There was big ice above 700’. I distinctly recall that modeled as snow until the morning of and we didn’t have a flake just all zr. I remember being shocked there was no sleet . 

I remember that one two years ago that was a bad bust on the warmer side. Feb 25th 2022.  it looked like mostly snow every model had warning snowfall, right before the event started the ECMWF doubled down with 8-14 inches. But the NAM wasnt having it and was mostly a mix of sleet/zr. We went 4-8" and ended up with 1-2" of pure sleet, it never even snowed here. Nothern CT did OK with 2-5" and some sleet. 

• Like 1