• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential extensive winter event, I-95 west and with again a chance for NYC first inch(es) of snow Mon or more likely Tue Jan 16, 2024 (serves as OBS thread as well)

wdrag

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

It has a decent front end thump though before the changeover. 

Those snow maps are way overdone based on that solution. It has snow but it is warm for the I95. No sense in discussing further at this point as it's been in the western side of the guidance anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

Those snow maps are way overdone based on that solution. It has snow but it is warm for the I95. No sense in discussing further at this point as it's been in the western side of the guidance anyway. 

CMC is a space cadet right now. it’s still trending towards the other models and has been doing so for two model cycles now

i think it represents the western end of the envelope

IMG_4212.thumb.gif.d6a475c952045ffd770686f4d84a7196.gif

• Like 1

Just now, brooklynwx99 said:

CMC is a space cadet right now. it’s still trending towards the other models and has been doing for for two model cycles now

IMG_4212.thumb.gif.d6a475c952045ffd770686f4d84a7196.gif

Agree. And even the western side of the suite ICON shifted much further east tonight.  The 00z gfs is a good solution for many. Don't expect a blockbuster here but could be a welcome site for many. We are overdue to be honest and finally have some pieces on the table that seem favorable. That's all we can hope for now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

The timing for accumulation on the CMC would be good since it has the snow overnight into tuesday morning before the changeover, but as you said it's on the western side of guidance anyway. 

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Late developing Miller A’s are rough. March 2001 comes to mind. They favor New England not NYC.

At this point I think NYC would be thrilled with a 3-6 event knowing we have plenty of time left for more.

• Like 4

On the coast, this far out,  history says that if the R word is being uttered at all, that's big trouble.  5 days out we want to be debating coastal special vs. fish storm, not mix vs. snow.  

While there have been a noteworthy few which trended the other way, even among those rare cases, the forecasts, for coastal folks, almost always trended from snow to nothing, not from 'wintry mix' to snow.

I'm gonna try my best to keep my expectations low on this one til Monday.  Good luck to me with that.

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

UKMET 987 S of central LI at 120...probably a ton of mixing with that solution.  Looks like it goes from Pensacola to there from 96-120

It's east of its 12z counterpart. It's also stronger as it comes up coast which does introduce concern of mixing but looks like 982 low se of mtp that would snow pretty much for all for a time too. So mixing verbatim but also probably a good storm involved either way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBUWX23 said:

It's east of its 12z counterpart. It's also stronger as it comes up coast which does introduce concern of mixing but looks like 982 low se of mtp that would snow pretty much for all for a time too. So mixing verbatim but also probably a good storm involved either way. 

sfcwind_mslp.us_ne.png