• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

7 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

With the snowpack and airmass the warm air issues on the NAM and Euro both seem just odd

I thought the same thing. But GFS does it to. But not as long as nam and euro. Just seems crazy to get that north of a warm slug with where the sfc low is tracking. It's south of where current storm is. 

47 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Heard the eurythmics in my dreams

i think this one maybe money.Even any intial rain/mix will be put to bed quickly. And while have not  looked at models typically these systems with incoming cold air should help you with LE on the backend. I'd be more concerned if yesterday's event hadn't ended up SE. 

The atmosphere is pretty similar to the current storm with this one. Idk why you guys think a bust potential isn't there with essentially the same storm again especially in the city of Chicago. Joe is seeing it so is Alek.

11 minutes ago, Stebo said:

The atmosphere is pretty similar to the current storm with this one. Idk why you guys think a bust potential isn't there with essentially the same storm again especially in the city of Chicago. Joe is seeing it so is Alek.

Hopefully can get a few inches out of this. Would be unpleasant to have an arctic air outbreak with barley any snow on the ground

13 minutes ago, Baum said:

i think this one maybe money.Even any intial rain/mix will be put to bed quickly. And while have not  looked at models typically these systems with incoming cold air should help you with LE on the backend. I'd be more concerned if yesterday's event hadn't ended up SE. 

my miss south (and lake assist) and stebo's wish cast are dead, the freak cutter is happening

but you're underestimating temps, antecedent is bad and mid levels look warm. any areas of SN/+SN will be splotchy and we'll be flipping to rain for periods of weaker forcing. I'm hoping we can hold onto a period of high end conditions or tssn with the bombing low but this looks like a palm guy storm for accums

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Hopefully can get a few inches out of this. Would be unpleasant to have an arctic air outbreak with barley any snow on the ground

Yes I think a few inches is maybe possible but I can't go above 4" and honestly that might get washed away by rain too, just like yesterday.

7 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

my miss south (and lake assist) and stebo's wish cast are dead, the freak cutter is happening

but you're underestimating temps, antecedent is bad and mid levels look warm. any areas of SN/+SN will be splotchy and we'll be flipping to rain for periods of weaker forcing. I'm hoping we can hold onto a period of high end conditions or tssn with the bombing low but this looks like a palm guy storm for accums

It’s been 31 all night here despite gusty N winds and 6” of fresh snow.  Antecedent airmass isn’t going to shove this one south