• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

1 minute ago, Stevo6899 said:

Another bummer track for dtw. Looking like a road trip to cmu to visit cousin at school..

We still have a few days to have it sorted out. More cold air to work with also. I’m more concerned if this ends up being a GAF and it’s a quick wind driven few inches then cold. Hopefully this storm goes more SW-NE instead of S-N. We had some good storms last winter but having a blizzard this time around I know I would be satisfied for the rest of the season lol.

46 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

We still have a few days to have it sorted out. More cold air to work with also. I’m more concerned if this ends up being a GAF and it’s a quick wind driven few inches then cold. Hopefully this storm goes more SW-NE instead of S-N. We had some good storms last winter but having a blizzard this time around I know I would be satisfied for the rest of the season lol.

The ensemble means look great for DTW 

9 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

The ensemble means look great for DTW 

Bust out that Wyandotte magnet you have :weenie:
as you said things are looking good for us. Great shot at the wealth being spread especially to those south of state lines.

• Like 1

Honestly we don't know the track yet, a few models have this coming straight north too. I would probably discount those models as its just very rare to get a track like that. Also you can get a situation like the Canadian where you get an attempt at a transfer which could pull the warm air away from the region as well. A lot of moving parts to this one including the small system in between that could lower heights as well ahead of this system.

• Like 6

Yea still a bit to go but just going on past experiences. With a strenghtneing low coming out of arkansas, its not unusual for a low to go NNE, especially if the models are handling the strenghtneing right.  Hoping for the best but just being realistic that's all. Maybe the models are overdoing the strength. I'm okay with making a few hour drive to experience it on a weekend.

30 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Honestly we don't know the track yet, a few models have this coming straight north too. I would probably discount those models as its just very rare to get a track like that. Also you can get a situation like the Canadian where you get an attempt at a transfer which could pull the warm air away from the region as well. A lot of moving parts to this one including the small system in between that could lower heights as well ahead of this system.

To me it's starting to look like a classic Panhandle Hook, especially with that track. I can't think off the top of my head very many times we've cashed in on these systems, Chicago can though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

To me it's starting to look like a classic Panhandle Hook, especially with that track. I can't think off the top of my head very many times we've cashed in on these systems, Chicago can though

We have a bunch of times lmao.

2 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

too early even for me to attempt to final call but i'm more worried about rain than a miss south/east

Not with the blocking in place and the potential of occlusion pulling away the warm air.

2 minutes ago, dmc76 said:

Just sayin…

IMG_7560.png

I remember this storm.  Arctic air raced across michigan during the storm and caused a rapic change over from heavy rain to crazy wind and snow.  I stayed up all night for the transition and it was epic.  Even had Lightning and thunder here in toledo.  

Just now, Frog Town said:

I remember this storm.  Arctic air raced across michigan during the storm and caused a rapic change over from heavy rain to crazy wind and snow.  I stayed up all night for the transition and it was epic.  Even had Lightning and thunder here in toledo.  

I don’t remember rain in this system. What I remember it started at 11 o’clock. It started heavy and ended heavy. It was like eight hour show. 10-15” fell across SEMI. 2 days off of school. 

At that time there wasn’t local spotters to measure snow so you had to rely on local news to give you reports, but I do remember a reporter stationed in Taylor Michigan saying that he measured 14 inches of snow on the ground. My dad said it was over a foot. I was young I had a bed time so I can’t give any more details. lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dmc76 said:

At that time there wasn’t local spotters to measure snow so you had to rely on local news to give you reports, but I do remember a reporter stationed in Taylor Michigan saying that he measured 14 inches of snow on the ground. My dad said it was over a foot. I was young I had a bed time so I can’t give any more details. lol 

I was only 8 years old. But I remember it vividly. Playing in the snow it was very deep.