• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

LOT’s recent graphics. The solid gold bordered snow block from midnight to 6pm tomorrow for Rockford area has me excited as a snow enthusiast.
It also has me slightly concerned as the snow removal guy for both my house & my in-laws next door. P&C from LOT has the wide range of 7-15 potential inches.
IMG_8105.thumb.jpeg.5ad24d47fc1bfa569b76714d8bf40c5f.jpeg
IMG_8104.thumb.jpeg.bb56b968cddb548cccb73d7df3e1c53f.jpeg
IMG_8103.thumb.jpeg.35aba1ada9b771df7d2e01489e4a47ec.jpeg
Same with the 7-15 P&C. Came together nicely since this morning.

More snow from this past weekend on the ground in west burbs than back home (little to none here). Probably won't make a huge difference in the accumulations but would be nice to have that starter layer in place to maximize the early potential with temperatures a few degrees above freezing yet.

28 minutes ago, Imneversatisfied said:

Pretty disappointing for me in Alpena too. Really need a SE shift. Starting to focus my attention on the weekend storm.

What has the total snowfall been up there this season? I’m up there sometimes for work (in the quarrying industry) and it’s usually a damn tundra this time of year

16 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

What has the total snowfall been up there this season? I’m up there sometimes for work (in the quarrying industry) and it’s usually a damn tundra this time of year

We are at roughly 12" average is 28". Looks like the next storm might tundra me. Lost faith in this one. Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tuanis said:

Still think it’ll be a rainy mixy slop that doesn’t amount to much with tomorrow’s batch even if model trends have been positive. 20+ miles west it’ll be another story.

oh ye of little faith.......

We reached 34º or 35º this afternoon, but once the snow began this evening it stuck to the pavement immediately.  There is not a single wet spot anywhere.  Perhaps the strengthening wind helped cool the pavement.

Guidance continues to sag southeast.  Fortunately, even though we won't get the heaviest snow, models still show my area solidly within the decent defo zone through the day tomorrow.

• Like 1