• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

Other models taking a se shift esp Canadian. Ukmet looks like snow just dies over IL. Looks like possible thermal issues. Guessing euro will be more se than 12z run. 0z gfs is as good as it gets. If only we were closer. Would love to lock that in. 

Wife and I having a cup of coffee and the last time I had to shovel snow was February 2021

kind of wild. I hope this one produces. Would be fun to play around with the pups in the snow filled backyard 

36 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Damn that's a beast of a storm, but the track is a tad unbelievable at the moment. Arkansas-Indy-Toledo on a storm bombing out? If it really enters the lower GL at around 975 MB then I'd expect more of a South Bend-Lansing low track

I noticed that as well. Gave me some hope though. 

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

Damn that's a beast of a storm, but the track is a tad unbelievable at the moment. Arkansas-Indy-Toledo on a storm bombing out? If it really enters the lower GL at around 975 MB then I'd expect more of a South Bend-Lansing low track

12z GFS going to keep that general path, not real robust with precip on the NW. 

Not worth getting too into the details until saturday afternoon-ish, but its a failure path for a lot of folks. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see the 12z GEFS, starting to roll out now. The 06z operational was similar to the 12z, but the 06z GEFS still had a majority of members northwest of the op. We're still at the phase of the forecast where these operational solutions fit within the ensemble spectrum.

The snow enthusiast in me would be lying if I said seeing sharp cutoffs like that in the modeling don't make me nervous (shades of 2/24/16, also in a strong Niño) but in this case there really is plenty of time left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Here I was worried about a nw shift and now I'm hoping for one. Lol. Not digging this trend. 

It's been years since we've seen a nw trend or a storm actually strengthen to the degree the models are showing. Models have gotten tendencies to over amp storms so anything is on the table, from a sub 980 tracking over chicago to 990 tracking over pittsburgh. Either way this low pressure is impressive on satellite and causing high winds in alaska.

2 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

2021-22 was a decent winter here. And even last winter had multiple shovelable snows. That's why I was wondering how he hadn't shoveled in 2 years lol. I last shoveled Nov 28th lol

Most people don't pull out the shovels for flurries and tenths of snow on sidewalks.