• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My area and just N looks good relative to lower terrain, but I agree with Kevin....hills will do better.

Jack will be somewhere in eastern ORH hills or southeastern monads. But you’re in a great spot for the low terrain jackpot. I don’t hate my spot either…a little bit of elevation and east enough to hopefully get some Sunday afternoon goodies. 

• Like 3

Just now, CoastalWx said:

BUFKIT is cold at BOS. PITA call. 

BOS is pretty cold at 925-950….it gets warmer down near PYM but BOS latitude might save them from white rain…it will still be pretty slushy but slushy paste beats white rain. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS is pretty cold at 925-950….it gets warmer down near PYM but BOS latitude might save them from white rain…it will still be pretty slushy but slushy paste beats white rain. 

Even at PYM it's snow, albeit like 34ish for awhile.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I had the exact, same peak settled depth. It was absurd that they tossed it.

They would have kept if you were in Lunenburg and said 38”.

55 minutes ago, Sandstorm94 said:

Totals cut back from 6z but still a good hit on Kuchie and 10:1b14b1267ba6f80200a6734ddb20add8b.jpg4e557c298ebf79e10446cc96ba98f100.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

I still don’t know which of these I should look at.  When do you use one vs the other?

question for tomorrow is whether we get a Messenger Shuffle or some Jeff Jumps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

I still don’t know which of these I should look at.  When do you use one vs the other?

Kuchera is usually the most exaggerated/amped vs the 10:1 ratio output.

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I miss the Messenger Shuffle - wish we still had those but maybe models are too good now.  Or maybe they occur more when the confluence press is strengthening, rather than waning. 

I feel like any jumps now are typically just noise, and wobble back after a couple cycles. 

2 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I miss the Messenger Shuffle - wish we still had those but maybe models are too good now. 

I feel like any jumps now are typically just noise, and wobble back after a couple cycles. 

All these wobbles are not just noise. They can translate to relatively large differences on the ground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I miss the Messenger Shuffle - wish we still had those but maybe models are too good now.  Or maybe they occur more when the confluence press is strengthening, rather than waning. 

Still happens.  They’re real and they’re spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Those are last 24 hrs and they are ticks E / ENE on phases 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Those are last 24 hrs and they are ticks E / ENE on phases 

Might get one in this storm too. We watch…it does have implications for Sunday afternoon especially. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Might get one in this storm too. We watch…it does have implications for Sunday afternoon especially. 

That and earlier/later intensification are the two things I’m watching at this point.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

That and earlier/later intensification are the two things I’m watching at this point.

Big implications here too. The models got that CCB cranking in time here at 12z, let’s see if it holds later.

thats going to be the difference between 2-3” of slop or 8-9” of paste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Big implications here too. The models got that CCB cranking in time here at 12z, let’s see if it holds later.

thats going to be the difference between 2-3” of slop or 8-9” of paste.

For you, an earlier phase and slightly south track will give you a definitely better result. As stated, 2-3 inches of pure glop or 7-8 inches of heavy wet snow.

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Bulk of our snow here is going to be Saturday evening through like 1a/2a Sunday. Going to catch some people off guard as I was really hammering around or just before daybreak Sunday. 

Some people on a hill in CT were thinking days and days of snow 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

They would have kept if you were in Lunenburg and said 38”.

Jeff Jumps!  Excellent new phrase

• Haha 1