• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Quite bullish i might say,

StormTotalSnowWeb1.jpg

What's the likelihood my area actually sees 12-18"?

While prior results don't equal future performance, my guess is likely 6-10" based on my recency-biased, winter-storm PTSD cynical perspective.  

1 minute ago, Layman said:

What's the likelihood my area actually sees 12-18"?

While prior results don't equal future performance, my guess is likely 6-10" based on my recency-biased, winter-storm PTSD cynical perspective.  

Seriously, the translation there is actually 12-13" is more likely then 18 in that range. Take the lower amounts of those ranges and the map then seems reasonable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kazimirkai said:

At what point are short range models more important to look at than the GFS and EURO?

No.  Maybe day of event but NAM is never a complete go to except under certain circumstances-maybe severe wx.  That’s an old myth about tossing the euro/gfs close in.  I believed it but learned otherwise.

It’s probably gonna be another 24 hours before we have significant confidence. This set up is really intricate even though it feels like I’ve been saying that for three years now lol. There are short waves all over the place out west, and in the Midwest. Need to resolve how each of those plays apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Had 4-6 for you.

I am kind of confused. The GFS and Euro go pound town down here but all snow maps show very low amounts? I know there's still time but these models have been consistent the last few runs.