• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

4 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

why are you losing interest? just curious?  you have anything is last year? January looks nice and warm. this may be it for the month

The whole month is done ? Where are you getting that from ?

• Like 2

Just now, wishcast_hater said:

What do we have to do to get Tuesdays storm to form a low off the coast to rob the energy from the low pressure off to our west?

Not sure if I ever remember that happening.  Models have occasionally shown it, but never really happens?

21 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Not at all. I just dont like how warm it looks. Transient cold.

I surprisingly like this storm chance 

I do too sorta surprisingly although I get the pessimism because of how every storm trended last year but the trends today have been good so hopefully there isn't another late dreadful trend.   

20 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Not at all. I just dont like how warm it looks. Transient cold.

I surprisingly like this storm chance 

It’s looking better for the final couple weeks. Hopefully it stays that way. Not optimistic about this storm but things could still trend where the metros like NYC and Philly get more than an inch.

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

I certainly don't but the euro, gfs, and rgem are not that bad for most of the subforum away from the immediate coast. Only the CMC seems like a complete whiff SE of I287.

I'm pulling for you guys!  Grew up in Philly but have lived in VT for 37 years.  I'll get mine, but you guys NEEEED yours!  Hope you all get something.  Watching the 18z euro come in now

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

yup that's north, catskills, berks and most of mass get the goods, needless to say this is thread the needle with sharp cutoffs.  

Poconos too. Elevation reigns supreme per usual in borderline situations. 

3 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

Morristown area. Last the green as if you’re heading to mendham and Chester if you’re familiar with the area 

IMO Mt Holly is way low for morris County. Out of all the NWS areas based on models etc. They seem crazy for 1 to 5 for most of the county.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

Morristown area. Last the green as if you’re heading to mendham and Chester if you’re familiar with the area 

Ok. Yes I am somewhat familiar with area. I was thinking if you were closer by me, I'm in Sussex County, in northern Morris, like northern Jefferson, I think you will be fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Ok. Yes I am somewhat familiar with area. I was thinking if you were closer by me, I'm in Sussex County, in northern Morris, like northern Jefferson, I think you will be fine.

Crap shoot for both of us. Obviously further north and west in the county you go can make a huge difference if you look at those sharp cutoffs. Any elevation will be key as well. Used to being in the battleground of r/s line most of my life. Some have been great booms but equally as many busts. Good luck neighbor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilsonvoid1 said:

honestly the euro 18z looks good 8-10 inches of slop for NYC!512922b22bf6b74b9304390ecea5d0c2.jpg
Borrowed this from New England thread @rgwp96 thank you.

A lot could change if it cranks sunday! we could get an easy 6 inches just from Sunday afternoon if dynamic cooling takes shape!

Again keep in mind ratios. Even with this nice depiction, cut in half 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wilsonvoid1 said:

honestly the euro 18z looks good 8-10 inches of slop for NYC!512922b22bf6b74b9304390ecea5d0c2.jpg

A lot could change if it cranks sunday! we could get an easy 6 inches just from Sunday afternoon if dynamic cooling takes shape!

No, it doesnt

4 minutes ago, wilsonvoid1 said:

Thanks. Unrealistic 10 to 1 ratios, but still nice to have something to track.

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic