Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

you guys are going to be a hot mess if you lean on the OP runs this much. follow the ensembles. I wouldn't even say there's been a trend towards one solution or the other, we have another model cycle before anything like that can be said

Are going to be?

• Haha 11

Far be it from me to get in the way of performative angst, but this time period has already been on the radar for a week or more. For most of that time, it’s been clear we may have temp issues. So N/W areas favored, but not hopeless for folks below the fall line. Not sure what should at all change that basic mindset now or probably for at least the next 3-4 days. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

UKMET out to sea, ICON buries Virginia, GFS smokes NYC, CMC smokes you guys, and ECMWF got way colder

pretty well defined idea of what this is going to do IMO

Euro was all rain east of 81 at 0z and before that, so even 12z while not ideal is a reverse trend vs the gfs

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

You practically said 25% for each of 4 scenarios, so you have all of your bases covered and the forecast is essentially meaningless, but keep trashing others with ad hominem attacks.

eta: ninja’d by NA101

Are you  another self appointed corrector of other posters?  We have a couple already and that’s enough 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Are you  another self appointed corrector of other posters?  We have a couple already and that’s enough 

No, but I don’t call people names.  Can you say the same?

You made a forecast, I commented on it.  I still find it literally meaningless to forecast similar probabilities for 4 such disparate outcomes.

eta: and always will

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Bro chill. It's just weather, it's not that deep. Loosen up.

Tell you what Ralphie  

Don’t chime  in on my posts in a derisive manner and we can stay “loose” as you suggest.

Your”canceling” of next weekend is grossly premature and immature and your persistent melancholy is childish and boorish..

Need more  feedback?

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1