Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

More this weekend too, I plan on riding on the 20th.

If we get net 5 inches Wednesday and net 5 Saturday planning to ride Sunday up on the mountain to break in the new sled, 60 miles of logging roads just poking around and cook a hotdog over a fire

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TheMainer said:

If we get net 5 inches Wednesday and net 5 Saturday planning to ride Sunday up on the mountain to break in the new sled, 60 miles of logging roads just poking around and cook a hotdog over a fire

It should be an interesting first ride for me, Coming off a 2007 doo and onto a 2020 doo, I have 0 seat time, Don't know how well it was set up by the previous owner, Only has 1,400 miles but hes about the same build as me so it should be close i think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why not just leave instead of reposting all of the crap you're complaining about?

This Allsnow dude is the same winner who weenies everyone's posts like qq and TT. I'm thinking they're all one in the same now lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It should be an interesting first ride for me, Coming off a 2007 doo and onto a 2020 doo, I have 0 seat time, Don't know how well it was set up by the previous owner, Only has 1,400 miles but hes about the same build as me so it should be close i think.

You'll definitely need to get used to it since REVs corner really well and flat I always thought, but once you do you'll wonder how you ever rode a REV chassis with the big advancements in suspension and ergonomics. I rode my 500ss 14,000 miles, bought a 2014 back when I graduated and kept the REV as a backup, sold it soon after cause I just couldn't ride it anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMainer said:

Just curious - which mountain?  Big Moose, Coburn, the Spencers, somewhere else?

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

should have booked Jay or the loaf, mediocre to bad winters with cutters are rough in Conway <3

I'd say if there's one place that does well in cutter it's Conway. They CAD like nobody's business. I don't know much about Jay other than the few times I've been there and witnessed what they called 8" of snow that were really a dusting that my wipers could remove in about 2 strokes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Just curious - which mountain?  Big Moose, Coburn, the Spencers, somewhere else?

What we call the mountain is Russell mountain about 6 miles west of Monson, extensive logging road and windmill road network that's interconnected over 1,000 feet of elevation, gets snow early and keeps it late, almost over to Moxie Pond near the Forks. Ton of fun messing around up there early season with multiple loop possibilities, only need a foot to make it fun and rideable without grooming 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheMainer said:

Hopefully there's a nice pack by Feb 3rd, going up to snowmobile for a weekend. Last time I went the pack was thin but enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Forecast is for 12+ there tomorrow and Wednesday. Oops 

Cranmore won’t see 12. Wildcat maybe. The base of Cranmore is in the valley of N Conway (500 feet) 

I hope it over performs and some sort of quasi triple point can form 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, alex said:

I'd say if there's one place that does well in cutter it's Conway. They CAD like nobody's business. I don't know much about Jay other than the few times I've been there and witnessed what they called 8" of snow that were really a dusting that my wipers could remove in about 2 strokes

Relatively maybe, but often I noticed there's little snow to preserve there despite the CAD.  Of course there are weenie spots in that area, too, but I was just talking Conway/North Conway in general.  We used to stay in N. Conway at around 1200' fairly close to Cranmore, the snow pack (when there was some) was noticeably better than in-town below 1000' and surely 500', sometimes double or triple

37 minutes ago, kazimirkai said:

Do you guys have any hope for the 13th storm?

Flickering hope in SNE. It needs to trend better in the next day or so or it’s junk. It does look decent for NNE. They may actually build a decent pack over the next week since some of the spots are going to get a solid net gainer on 1/10 too even though it eventually flips. 

Both of those systems would have been nice if they were weak vort maxes but these are both on ‘roids so they are able to overcome some initial confluence. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Relatively maybe, but often I noticed there's little snow to preserve there despite the CAD.  Of course there are weenie spots in that area, too, but I was just talking Conway/North Conway in general.  We used to stay in N. Conway at around 1200' fairly close to Cranmore, the snow pack (when there was some) was noticeably better than in-town below 1000' and surely 500', sometimes double or triple

True - and admittedly I think of Bartlett, where I used to be, as North Conway. North Conway proper suffers from low elevation 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Hopefully there's a nice pack by Feb 3rd, going up to snowmobile for a weekend. Last time I went the pack was thin but enough.

Where do you guys usually go? We had ol trails last year that weekend, it was the coldest day of the year February 4th, -20 and windy and we rode 200 miles, only saw 8 sleds all day and had to cut 10 trees, but trails were glass smooth

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex said:

True - and admittedly I think of Bartlett, where I used to be, as North Conway. North Conway proper suffers from low elevation 

Yeah it's far south, like Pickles said the base elevations are quite low.  north towards Jackson/Wildcat is where you go up up up to bases like 1500'?, different world up there.

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Flickering hope in SNE. It needs to trend better in the next day or so or it’s junk. It does look decent for NNE. They may actually build a decent pack over the next week since some of the spots are going to get a solid net gainer on 1/10 too even though it eventually flips. 

Both of those systems would have been nice if they were weak vort maxes but these are both on ‘roids so they are able to overcome some initial confluence. 

Cutters are hard for us, other than the fact that we still usually end up with decent cover from the follow up upslope. We’ve had some really “good” cutter for pack building but they seem to be a thing of the past. That said, GYX sounds optimistic. 

IMG_0522.jpeg

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yes he is another do gooder goober with no sense of humor. But back to weather hope your basement stays dry, heck of a storm you had

..and let me add this, I hope no one here including you has any basement flooding issues or any water damage caused by a leaking roof. It is time consuming and expensive to repair. And there are a lot of dishonest contractors out there who take advantage of people....no one needs the aggravation of dealing with a water damaged home. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alex said:

Cutters are hard for us, other than the fact that we still usually end up with decent cover from the follow up upslope. We’ve had some really “good” cutter for pack building but they seem to be a thing of the past. That said, GYX sounds optimistic. 

IMG_0522.jpeg

If there’s a decent high to the northeast, usually NNE will do well on cutters and sometime SNE gets in on the act. It’s the cutters that have no highs that are destructive to snow pack and that’s what December 18th had and last winter was the year with no highs to our north, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If there’s a decent high to the northeast, usually NNE will do well on cutters and sometime SNE gets in on the act. It’s the cutters that have no highs that are destructive to snow pack and that’s what December 18th had and last winter was the year with no highs to our north, lol. 

I believe this one is to the north east of us and retreating. Who knows, maybe they’ll be some subtle slowing or strengthening of the high and maybe the storm over the middle of the country won’t be quite as strong.

GYX notes a slight cooling trend today in the models

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Exactly now STFU go whine about us in OT or post some stupid Boomer memes

..and also let me add this, I don't  think you would say STFU in person to me or any other forum member because in- person people are more respectful of one another.  The online format makes it easier for people to say things that they would not say in person.  And that is an issue with all online forums.

On 1/7/2024 at 5:53 PM, SnoSki14 said:

Take into account the MJO lag of about a week puts Jan 15-23 in a favorable period with an unfavorable period right after until MJO gets into more positive phases. 

Welcome to MJO 4 past the 20th

image.thumb.png.7e3c9aa5fb8af5943a6bc5f31177de57.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 4