• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Is the radar at MU finally online? I don’t see it on an app like radar scope. Where is it available if on line?

Not online yet, and it may not even be shown in radarscope when it is due to licensing

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just now, Jonesy56 said:

It was a rough commute into the city from Linglestown this morning, even waiting until after 9 am to head in.. Was a little surprised with the main road conditions given the fluff factor.

People at my office all say city streets are better than the highways. 

Back to nice snow in ETOWN.

AND....FWIW, after we survive next weeks warmup, there is a 300hr storm that Bubbler would approve of on GFS.

Im just looking for the light at the end of the warm tunnel.  That all.  

Happy snow day gang!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pattern also suggests that the shells are coming - let's hope that the detonator shows up in the same package.

Yep, pattern has been showing for some time, so bombs away..., and also think Bubbler pointed out a triple phase option for this weekend a few days back, and that has some merit as of 12zs.  Would be awesome to see if we can pull it off.  Many good storms come when NAO is heading +... and looky what we have here.

nao.gefs.sprd2.png

• Like 1

Just now, pawatch said:

Leaf blower snow :lol:

About time we got a light fluffy snow.

You know, it was a little heavier than I expected. I couldn’t push broom it but that might be because of compaction. It’s about done here - looks like a solid 3.5” event.

Let’s tack on that much or a little more overnight Thursday into Friday.   

• Like 1

You know, it was a little heavier than I expected. I couldn’t push broom it but that might be because of compaction. It’s about done here - looks like a solid 3.5” event.
Let’s tack on that much or a little more overnight Thursday into Friday.   

Too much pixie dust to make it broom worthy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Glad to see everyone cashed in on the storm. Looks like 3-5” was very common. Let’s smack another on Friday! 

I posted a few snippets about nooners and what is showing.  Whatchu thinkin for the Friday deal?

Looks like we get some phasing of NS, but not really a big trifecta of sorts.  Trough rather progressive so once again, while a good event, upside to me would be coastal slowing down and hangin back a bit, but not really sure how much further amplification there could be.  RGEM was nicest to look at, ICON wasnt too shabby, and GFS a little strung out but workable.  I'd think a 3-6 kinda deal isnt far fetched??

• Like 1

So I guess I need to eat some crow. Early this morning, looking at the radar imagery, I thought the snow was mostly over. I just talked to my wife, and she said it's still snowing.

But in my defense, I didn't know CTP's radar was down.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We are getting some sleet here now.  Pack protection.

I was reading some obs in the MA thread this morning where people were complaining about light rain/sleet - I'm thinking "they might not realize how fortunate they are to have that nice glaze on top of their pack." 

• Like 3

At 1:00pm in Carlisle, the snow has all but ended.  Like many others I didn't expect to add much more to my 2.8" total.  However, steady accumulating snow resumed between 10:45 and noon to add on another 0.5".  That brings the storm total to 3.3".  Temp barely has risen to 26.1 degrees and skies are still overcast.  Without sunshine there will be almost no melting.  Looking beautiful everywhere.  Looking forward to the Thu/Fri storm and continued snow retention.  I'll have my final melted snow and SLR later this afternoon.

• Like 1