Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

so now we're taking LR OP runs over their respective ensemble means? why?

Because feels and vibes trump science. 

In all seriousness, the OP run sort of showed the same pattern…it’s just that you have to get rid of the cutter first in 12/27-28 on the OP run but it has a super amped meridional pattern over North America. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Because feels and vibes trump science. 

In all seriousness, the OP run sort of showed the same pattern…it’s just that you have to get rid of the cutter first in 12/27-28 on the OP run but it has a super amped meridional pattern over North America. 

Heh … I think you mean ‘feels and vibes are Trump science’

The continuity between the 0z and 12Z is maybe 15% at best. I don’t personally think the operation run has any more chance of verifying - day 6 to 10 range.  I still think it’s funny to point out the piece of shitness that it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

We don’t get solid airmasses in here until early January with this pattern progression. We can have some workable ones later this month though…interior prob favored of course. But they could also be cutters too. I’d keep expectations fairly low for now but right now, I’d have higher expectations for the first half of January. 

If one doesn't have higher expectations for winter weather in the first two weeks of January, we'd really be in trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh … I think you mean ‘feels and vibes are were Fauci science’

Since you put it out there ..That origins paper In 2020 was one of the worst peer reviewed papers in history of science ..completely captured by politics of not pissing china off and not touching on gain of function 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Since you put it out there ..That origins paper In 2020 was one of the worst peer reviewed papers in history of science ..completely captured by politics of not pissing china off and not touching on gain of function 

Makes perfect sense… American institutions were under attack for four years by that administration and then when the pandemic came around, they didn’t have appropriations and mental fuckin resources around to adjudicate the science properly.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Makes perfect sense… American institutions were under attack for four years by that administration and then when the pandemic came around, they didn’t have appropriations and mental fuckin resources around to adjudicate the science properly.  

Still on target for January start?

Massive amounts of money need to know.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think it's been proven that a lot of what we were told was pure B.S. whether deliberately, or ignorance (doubtful) and it was nothing the big white house had anything to do with.... now back to our regularly scheduled winter cancel weather chatter, and cops naked in their cruiser :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Facepalm, did we not learn a thing from last winter?  We literally been over this topic numerous times, I can pull the thread from last year when ensembles always looked good 10 days away and OPs looked awful. 

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Facepalm, did we not learn a thing from last winter?  We literally been over this topic numerous times, I can pull the thread from last year when ensembles always looked good 10 days away and OPs looked awful. 

anecdotal. every single meteorology class in the country that teaches medium and long range forecasting stresses the importance of ensembles

if you're arguing that OP runs are more skillful than ensembles at range, every meteorologist here would disagree. it's just wrong

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

getting bump trolled by a five-posted poster facepalming because I'm using long range ensembles over OP runs. we are in the fucking sunken place

Block that clown…you’ll be so glad you did. I had to read his post cuz you quoted him. That’s what he wants.  Block him, and That’s how you shut him down.  He brings nothing to the forum…just brings it down. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Only when tagging on the circumstance gets so miserable it becomes funnier to impugn than it does the prospect of ‘eternal’ waiting 

Not all of us actually covet the bullshit we post. Haha

• Like 1