Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Why are we bringing up ‘94-‘95 so often?

Between that and 2011-2012 I’m not sure which winter wins as the worst of all time. ‘94-‘95 is tantamount to, “Hey … remember that girl that broke your heart so bad it took 10 to 15 years to get over and about $30,000 worth of psychotactic treatments …?” 

Thanks for bringing it up… Lol

Worst I’ve ever ever experienced. I tend to give it to ‘94-‘95 as the all time ahole because the Halloween storm in 2011 was such an unusual specter it kind of gives that winter a little bit back. Of course, then there’s philosophy over whether that storm took place actually in winter -  makes that a bit dubious. 

Making any kind of comparison to the 1994 right now is probably the worst troll anyone could come up with. Beautifully done.

Last year was the worst winter I’ve ever experienced here…12” for a total, when you average 50” that is bad. 11-12 was awful too but had about 18” here…so last year was even worse, the worst ever.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When the big boy hits .. the natives will get why we hype and yearn . Until it does they win . But it will come . Remember that 

Eventually the wolf shows up.  The boy can cry wolf over and over and over again.  But eventually, the teeth will show up.  And then he can claim victory that he knew it first, and no one listened.

A shepherd boy repeatedly fools an internet forum into thinking wind is going to attack their town.  When an actual high-wind event appears, the boy calls for help, the forum members think it is another false alarm, and their villages are eaten by wind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

The bar is so low. I can’t imagine how we’ll feel if we get a widespread 6+ event this season. 

We got one storm last year that dropped a 6” spot here….the rest that brought us up to a whopping 12.3” for the season total, came from 1/4” here, 1.5” there, 1.75” here, 2” there, etc …what a disaster. 

• Like 1