Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Christmas miracle on gfs op?

"Long range storms are frightful, but at Christmas they’re downright spiteful

If somehow they give you snow… we know what we’ll get will be ‘No’!

If they show a coastal popping, just in time for our holiday shopping

By the time it gets here we know… won’t be snow, won’t be snow, won’t be snow…

But if the long range all show a Grinch, then we’re certain it will be a cinch

We can lock it in – it’s been clinched:  won’t be snow, won’t be snow, won’t be snow!"

Why do I always feel this dread about long-range storms as Christmas looms?  Oh yeah - emotionalogy vs meteorology - NVM!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

QQtrollmega just quit the board…

Him and Allsnow…they won’t like a post that  shows two winter storms in the long range, but they’ll like, and comment on a grinch or a big warm extended every single time….that’s the true tell tale sing of a troll, and an agenda.  

Ya, we know it’s the extended(way out there), and we can’t even figure out Monday yet, so we know odds are extremely low out that far, of anything that is shown today on modeling to be correct. But it goes both ways when you’re talking about 16 days out.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Him and Allsnow…they won’t like a post that  shows two winter storms in the long range, but they’ll like, and comment on a grinch or a big warm extended every single time….that’s the true tell tale sing of a troll, and an agenda.  

Ya, we know it’s the extended(way out there), and we can’t even figure out Monday yet, so we know odds are extremely low out that far, of anything that is shown today on modeling to be correct. But it goes both ways when you’re talking about 16 days out.  

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I agree with that.

The N PAC raging jet is a good sign because that’s how you get an Aleutian low to set up shop…something we haven’t seen this cold season yet consistently. 

Wont be much cold into Canada initially but we can still get threats (06z GFS is an example)…as the Aleutian low matures more, you hopefully start pumping up the PNA ridging and you begin to get some colder temps. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The N PAC raging jet is a good sign because that’s how you get an Aleutian low to set up shop…something we haven’t seen this cold season yet consistently. 

Wont be much cold into Canada initially but we can still get threats (06z GFS is an example)…as the Aleutian low matures more, you hopefully start pumping up the PNA ridging and you begin to get some colder temps. 

I’d like to see it a little colder for these parts overall. A little too much PAC jet for my liking. But yeah, maybe something like 6z gfs can break right. I’m just kind of “eh” on the look so far. By no means am I looking for a KU pattern. I’d like the source region a little cooler than -6 at 850 though. 

It does look to get active which certainly is a plus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Actually gives us two storms…Dec 19-20 and then it looks like on Xmas day if it went one more frame. That would change all the whining in a hurry.  

probably not - the whining and grousing and having a reason to troll anyone with a hint of optimism seems to really be why/for a larger contribution to this engagement is really here. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

probably not - the whining and grousing and having a reason to troll anyone with a hint of optimism seems to really be why/for a larger contribution to this engagement is really here. 

Once you are retired from the regular rat race of 9-5 work, we need you to write a book about the psychology of the weather forums…maybe even document the changes from the early years of the 2000s to the incessant whining of the present day, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Once you are retired from the regular rat race of 9-5 work, we need you to write a book about the psychology of the weather forums…maybe even document the changes from the early years of the 2000s to the incessant whining of the present day, lol. 

sorry... shouldn't have brought it up.  ha.   Nothing like setting off a weekend with people put into defensive anger. hahaha