Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

14 minutes ago, Ji said:

Man was just reading the comments on fb. Capital Weather gang is so disliked. It’s like jb. The climate change stuff really rubs people the wrong away in both directions

It's the DC area.  Way too many people are a bad combination of miserable, picky, and demanding.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It's the DC area.  Way too many people are a bad combination of miserable, picky, and demanding.  

This is not unique to this area. People just suck nationwide or even globally. It's very sad.

Back on topic though....imagine if that tropical system and that digging trough were configured a bit differently lol

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

These runs are really fluctuating from one to another. Even the ensembles. A few days ago they had a strong LR -PNA, now it's gone. 

12z GEFS and GEPS both with pretty big shifts away from -PNA after D8.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

This is not unique to this area. People just suck nationwide or even globally. It's very sad.

Back on topic though....imagine if that tropical system and that digging trough were configured a bit differently lol

I agree there are certainly too many unreasonable people anywhere...but there does seem to be a higher concentration of them in our area compared to other places I've lived or spent significant time.  

• Like 3

Man was just reading the comments on fb. Capital Weather gang is so disliked. It’s like jb. The climate change stuff really rubs people the wrong away in both directions

Disliked by people on social media… everyone hates everyone on social media unless you are only posting cat pictures. Still think CWG’s reputation among normal people is good, imo
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I agree there are certainly too many unreasonable people anywhere...but there does seem to be a higher concentration of them in our area compared to other places I've lived or spent significant time.  

This is so true. Been gone for 5+ years. Still do business and have property and family in the area but it is so much more miserable and prickly there than most places. There's no room for patience or understanding anymore.

Haven't followed Capital Weather Group outside of reposts here in a very long time. Once they started hedging their snowfall predictions I was out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stormy said:

1 - 3 inches of snow tomorrow in northwest Highland County above 3500 ft......  4332 ft. Rt. 250 at the state line is a great candidate.

Wax those ski's!!

They better be some backup POS pair from the 1970s and not anything you care about if you're breaking them out on 1-3" of snow 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

They better be some backup POS pair from the 1970s and not anything you care about if you're breaking them out on 1-3" of snow 

I'm just being proactive for what is coming soon.  That's a better pastime than dwelling on all the unreasonable people in the D.C. area. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

My son got a new snowboard about every year or at least every other, the old one became the trash board to start and finish season on. Anything over 2 inches was fair game especially early in the season. 

7 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

My son got a new snowboard about every year or at least every other, the old one became the trash board to start and finish season on. Anything over 2 inches was fair game especially early in the season. 

I used to do that nonsense.  At one point I had 3 pairs.  For the last 14 seasons I was riding on a pair of Atomic Access.  Just got a pair of Rustler 10s and can't wait to get out there.  So far the only game in town is Killington with 2 measly intermediate trails open that require hike to, mostly for publicity and to artificially inflate their season length stats.  Not worth an 8 hour drive.  As soon as someone opens even just a few legit runs I will go.  

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic