• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

I have been wondering about that.  honestly, there has been almost no wind here so far.  a few gusts but I haven't noticed any wind the last couple of hours
however we have had a ton of rain - all the streams are out of their banks and standing water at a lot of intersections.  rain has really lightened up the last 30 min or so
The models really keyed in on a wind minimum southeast of the ridgeline. Especially the 3km NAM. Blairsville had a max gust of 48mph this morning on the other side.
  • Like 1

Just now, Buckethead said:

I'm hearing that a tornado may have crossed over I40 in Catawba County. Command center setup at Claremont FD.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have a colleague whose husband works in the sheriff's department here. Supposedly it went through a mobile home park. One confirmed death and multiple people trapped in their residences, according to her.

How do tornadoes seem to always find mobile home parks?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, calculus1 said:

Yeah, I have a colleague whose husband works in the sheriff's department here. Supposedly it went through a mobile home park. One confirmed death and multiple people trapped in their residences, according to her.

How do tornadoes seem to always find mobile home parks?

That's terrible 

• Like 1

The orientation of the snow coming in is a bit different.  It's coming in from the SW. which will actually give the southern mountains a chance at seeing some decent snow. Haywood virtually gets shadowed because of the Balsams. You can see it on all the models. Interesting for sure but I hope most enjoy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The orientation of the snow coming in is a bit different.  It's coming in from the SW. which will actually give the southern mountains a chance at seeing some decent snow. Haywood virtually gets shadowed because of the Balsams. You can see it on all the models. Interesting for sure but I hope most enjoy. 

Yep,  Balsam Gap will do way better than us. Pain train continues for now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Maggie Valley Steve said:

These strong storm systems are carving out a path for huge chunk of the coldest air since a year ago December to enter our Region. There is a one two punch arriving Monday and next Tuesday. That storm on Monday hasn't resolved in model world and this batch of cold has staying power in my opinion. 

610temp.new (15).gif

It never fails we finally get the cold and there's no moisture.  :ee: