Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

• The Alchemist changed the title to 2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

Temperatures are still falling for this weekend. We're in one of the cooler hollows of the Triad and usually run 4-7° below more populated areas. 

Edit: NWS is now calling for a low of 42° in the Triad cities for Saturday and Sunday nights. That means I'll be expecting a shot at the 30s. Time to start making plans to cover up my wife's fall vegetable crops. 

• Like 3

Avery-Madison-Yancey-Mitchell-Swain-Haywood-Buncombe-Graham-
Northern Jackson-Macon-Southern Jackson-Transylvania-Henderson-
Caldwell Mountains-Burke Mountains-McDowell Mountains-
325 AM EDT Tue Oct 3 2023

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for the mountains of western North
Carolina.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

Patchy frost will be possible in sheltered valley locations around
daybreak Sunday. More widespread frost is possible across the
mountains Sunday night into Monday morning.

Just spent a couple days down around the Balsams and it was nice albeit more cloudy than I would have liked from a photographer point of view. Mid-40s this morning at sunrise.

Ready for the cold. I'll be out in Colorado/New Mexico late next week through early the next, just in time for the leaves to peak lol.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Just spent a couple days down around the Balsams and it was nice albeit more cloudy than I would have liked from a photographer point of view. Mid-40s this morning at sunrise.

Ready for the cold. I'll be out in Colorado/New Mexico late next week through early the next, just in time for the leaves to peak lol.

I always miss peak but love chasing elk around the Rockies in October more haha.  I’ll be out there just West of RMNP same time frame.

• Like 1

Indices look good for this time of the year. Obviously they will adjust but it's nice seeing a plus PNA this early in the season. 66185a6363047e2e0e70d047395ce7d8.jpgb77a9e6b33cc4202df9bc560d4c7079b.jpg17a5644088db1da682550cec1b86d35b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

That sure is a promising sign! Down to 37 now and the wind is beginning to kick up.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

That sure is a promising sign! Down to 37 now and the wind is beginning to kick up.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Yeah really all the indices look very good. We have blocking over the top and a plus PNA.  Yeah wind has picked up and we are at 44. This weather is so freaking refreshing. The leaves should really take off here in the next few weeks.