• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

The NAM evolution is something. Through 72 hours, it’s still a bit south, but the key is that there’s virtually no phasing with the ejecting shortwave. Result is slower movement and solid warm core retention. Not only is it not getting pulled northeast as fast, but it still looks like a formidable cane. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Even if this thing stays east and skirts Maine, that’s an ugly look for the coast from the Cape, right up to Maine. The guidance I’m looking at retains a fairly robust wind core on the west side. Pretty remarkable for this latitude. 

Using the SREF as a sample because I like the tighter graphic, but even the EPS mean wind field is fairly symmetrical and largely intact on the west side. 

53-D0-B105-8836-4-C9-F-A4-D4-3751-FD9-D3

ARW7 would make a lot of us sickos happy...and put us in the dark for a while.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

While that would suck, it would be the least of your problems. 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

He should worry more about home at that point.

Just had the sumps serviced and 1 replaced. I should be okay there. Wind would be what it is, nothing we haven’t seen before.

7 minutes ago, Quincy said:

NAM wind gusts, FWIW

F0-B9352-C-7932-4-DAA-93-CE-85-B702-DE46

Probably will have a decent gradient in ENE... more stable air as you move inland?  Also SNE and up the Maine coastal plain are generally SE of of higher terrain... so the NE to NW wind flow can go from a bit inverted, to full on mixing as soon as that flow downslopes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quincy said:

Here’s the old 18z GEFS trend loop. Notice the slower trend, more west and stronger wind field. I’d expect the trend to continue with the rest of the 00z suite. Buckle up. 
S4NjV.gif

Yeah, New England needs to pay very close attention to this. Exceedingly large wind field also..

• Like 2