• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In summer with fully leafed trees and saturated ground. 50-65mph gusts will do all sorts of damage. That’s what I was hoping for here . I’ll never understand how wx hobbyists don’t root for extremes . There’s no other reason to follow weather . Not saying that’s you.. just in general 

I love extreme weather, As long as its white...........:)

• Like 1

Just now, Normandy said:

I see why he melted down lol as a causal observer y’all fools are crazy. everybody and they momma here want another 38, and y’all gaslighting people who are interested as if y’all aren’t is wild lol

Not my momma homie.

Just now, MJO812 said:

Weather models don’t change 5 days out 

Only when it moves away from our desired outcome.

8 minutes ago, Normandy said:

I see why he melted down lol as a causal observer y’all fools are crazy. everybody and they momma here want another 38, and y’all gaslighting people who are interested as if y’all aren’t is wild lol

Yup. No one is fooled by Coc k posts . They may like that weather sure.. but that’s not what got them into weather and joining forums  . You don’t have 50,000 weather posts about roller skating along the boardwalk in San Diego 

• Haha 2

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I'm a weather enthusiast who is absolutely fascinated by destructive weather and would like nothing more than a Category 5 hurricane right up my fanny.

As for the human suffering that it'll inevitably bring, I want to assure you guys that despite my rooting interests, I'm not actually in charge of the weather and have zero bearing on the outcome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mob1 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I'm a weather enthusiast who is absolutely fascinated by destructive weather and would like nothing more than a Category 5 hurricane right up my fanny.

As for the human suffering that it'll inevitably bring, I want to assure you guys that despite my rooting interests, I'm not actually in charge of the weather and have zero bearing on the outcome. 

Yup . No one wants or roots for human suffering. But man do we live for the extremes 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. No one is fooled by Coc k posts . They may like that weather sure.. but that’s not what got them into weather and joining forums  . You don’t have 50,000 weather posts about roller skating along the boardwalk in San Diego 

Snow got us into it and only snow, lots of it, can satisfy our weenies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I think where things are with Lee's track right now should be close to the final solution but we have seen stranger things happen at this lead time.

Ya, cuz Ian last year in Florida didn’t deviate at all 5 days out…lol.   Was supposed to decimate Tampa, and ended up much farther south down in Naples/ Englewood area. Tampa has dodged more bullets than we have. 

It’ll shift around some more…this isn’t completely figured out. 

Jesus H Christ. You know what I love? Wading through dozens of bickering fool posts about who wants the end of the world and who doesn’t, just to get the one out of 10 that actually discuss weather and the science behind it. I’m not even knowledgeable enough to be called a neophyte here, but I love the weather…all the weather. It also affects my job, so I come down to these first 3 layers of hell to gain further insight about it…but damn, it’s getting painful to glean the useful bits out. Kick me out if you want, call me all of the name, I don’t really care, but you guys are nearly intolerable.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, Twitching Trucks said:

Jesus H Christ. You know what I love? Wading through dozens of bickering fool posts about who wants the end of the world and who doesn’t, just to get the one out of 10 that actually discuss weather and the science behind it. I’m not even knowledgeable enough to be called a neophyte here, but I love the weather…all the weather. It also effects my job, so I come down to these first 3 layers of hell to gain further insight about it…but damn, it’s getting painful to glean the useful bits out. Kick me out of you want, call me all of the name, I don’t really care, but you guys are nearly intolerable.

You must be new here… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Twitching Trucks said:

Jesus H Christ. You know what I love? Wading through dozens of bickering fool posts about who wants the end of the world and who doesn’t, just to get the one out of 10 that actually discuss weather and the science behind it. I’m not even knowledgeable enough to be called a neophyte here, but I love the weather…all the weather. It also effects my job, so I come down to these first 3 layers of hell to gain further insight about it…but damn, it’s getting painful to glean the useful bits out. Kick me out of you want, call me all of the name, I don’t really care, but you guys are nearly intolerable.

Yea this is the weeds in here if you want science go to the tropical analysis thread

“Lee is likely to move over a cool SST wake left behind 
by Hurricanes Idalia and Franklin later this week, and cross over 
the north wall of the Gulf Stream by the end of the forecast period. 
The combination of cooler SSTs, an increase in shear, and dry air 
entrainment should cause a steady decay in strength late this week 
and over the weekend.”

IMG_0690.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9