Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

For those that care, I think this has a really good shot of becoming a named subtropical storm (Ophelia) and a decent shot of acquiring tropical characteristics right before a NC landfall. The guidance has continued to trend stronger and more organized with the low as it makes that final approach. 

GFS has led the way on this one, but if anything the Euro has become the wetter model here south of pike. 06z Euro wettest yet of those euro runs. 

NC as a tropical storm 

99L_gefs_latest.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Look at SHIPS. This one looks legit on the guidance. GFS leads the way. We've had some good quick spin ups in recent years off the SE coast. 

water temps plenty warm for them its to bad we couldnt get this to ride just off the coast and bring something more up here... just not our year

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya was just gonna say that…a lot were trying to wish it away…I was one, but it’s been there in varying degrees pretty much the whole time. Meh or not..wet is wet. 

This looks like a PVD-PYM SE jack. Always has. Not sure how much N and W. I never said no rain, just delayed and probably under half inch for many into Sunday. Best chance of more is South of 90-84 and especially the areas I mentioned above. 

Looks like some of the horses are going to the glue factory in China.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Funny you mention that. Last week there was one sitting right by the curb on a lawn in my neighborhood. It was dark but I saw something moving and as I got closer it stopped and I realized what it was. Thankfully it did not come after me . I bolted over to other side of street and ran very fast looking over shoulder.. just like the time I saw the bear this past spring.

About 15 years ago when rabid critters by the hundred were being encountered in Maine, we had a smallish skunk wandering around the house in early afternoon, not their usual active time.  Our Lab got a small dose - fortunately, she'd had her anti-rabies shot 5 days earlier - and finally my old .22 Mossberg ended the episode.  I could've had the skunk tested (for $125 out-of-pocket) but its behavior was convincing.

Low 40s this morning, very fallish.  Maybe U30s tomorrow?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This looks like a PVD-PYM SE jack. Always has. Not sure how much N and W. I never said no rain, just delayed and probably under half inch for many into Sunday. Best chance of more is South of 90-84 and especially the areas I mentioned above. 

Looks like some of the horses are going to the glue factory in China.

ill take the over

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Fascinating critters.  They are actually non-aggressive and prefer not to spray unless necessary.  Great pest control and fun to watch as long as you keep your pets away.  Most mammals won't mess with them.

ever been to Marthas Vineyard? that place is seriously infested with skunks. Camped at the campground a few times in the past. once the sun goes down, they invade the campsites looking for scraps. but they never spray. i had one rubbing up against my legs one time, like it was a cat. it was hard to sit still lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It does, but the general trend has been stronger on the globals.

Also, I wouldn't go about this as a typical tropical system. For this system, it's important to understand the dynamical forces and processes behind the development of the low pressure and strengthening of the low pressure. This is going to be a near textbook definition of dynamics at work these next few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Also, I wouldn't go about this as a typical tropical system. For this system, it's important to understand the dynamical forces and processes behind the development of the low pressure and strengthening of the low pressure. This is going to be a near textbook definition of dynamics at work these next few days.

Agree. This looks like an uncommon SE homebrew in the sense that it’s forming on an old boundary and not getting shunted ENE out to sea. Atlantic ridging FTW.

Might have some good gusts along the CT and LI coast with the gradient from the developing high to the north. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Agree. This looks like an uncommon SE homebrew in the sense that it’s forming on an old boundary and not getting shunted ENE out to sea. Atlantic ridging FTW.

Might have some good gusts along the CT and LI coast with the gradient from the developing high to the north. 

yeah coastal areas are going to be on the windy side for sure Saturday and it should be pretty breezy just inland too. 

I wonder if there is an outside shot at some hurricane-force gusts (say 75-80) along parts of coastal SC/NC. Want to see what the GFS has but the NAM develops some 80+ knot winds at 925...most likely remaining over the open waters. If I lived right along the coast or in emergency response it's something I would definitely want to keep in the back of my mind. 

24 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

ever been to Marthas Vineyard? that place is seriously infested with skunks. Camped at the campground a few times in the past. once the sun goes down, they invade the campsites looking for scraps. but they never spray. i had one rubbing up against my legs one time, like it was a cat. it was hard to sit still lol

Had this exact same thing happen to me years ago in my driveway in the dark. I thought it was a cat coming up the driveway in the dark, and I didn’t give it a thought, and this skunk comes right up and brushed against my leg with some decent force as a cat would do…And just kept on walking.  Absolutely surprised/startled the crap out of me. It was something I’ll never forget. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm wondering if southern Connecticut through southern Rhode Island might get smacked pretty hard with rain and flooding. Wouldn't be surprised to see fronto setup here. We've seen some similar instances of this over the past several years. 

I think the heavy rain will get inland some…maybe not that far north of the pike..but south of the pike I think is in for some good rain.