• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2023

George BM

I was fortunate as a kid to see #5 play at the very end of his career. He epitomized everything good about baseball, and as a human being, he made our fanbase so very proud of him. 

For as long ago as retired as a player and then later as an announcing partner of the late, great Chuck Thompson...this news greatly saddens me. Brooks was all class, all the way. Baltimore lost a great adopted son today. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jebman said:

Atmospheric River is gonna smash the Pac Northwest! This is really early......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/atmospheric-river-early-season-bomb-cyclone-to-hit-pacific-northwest/

I wish I still lived in Mt. Shasta California. Around this time of the year the top of the mountain gets blasted with it's first major snowfall while everyone else sees rain. It's pretty easy to climb to the top. This is when I would set a tent at the top of the mountain and do mushrooms or something lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Os now with their best record since 1980. Magic number is 1.

2 years removed from a 110 loss season, they will win 100+.

Pretty amazing feat. Also it's amazing how young this team is.

Finally getting some love from MLB network. They had a 20 minute segment the other day on the Os.  Gave Elias and Hyde alot of praise. Talked about how they have nailed there drafts since Elias has been here and the few before.  Said they had several generational players on the team or soon to be on the team. ( Holiday)

• Like 3

Just now, 09-10 analogy said:

As Chuck Thompson -- a bit before my time but I've seen videos of his PBP and he was awesome at it -- used to say, "ain't the beer cold!"

From 110 losses to 100 (and counting) wins and the best record in the AL. Pretty good progression. 

That...and "go to war Ms. Agnes" are forever etched in my head.

Chuck and Brooks would be so happy right now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That...and "go to war Ms. Agnes" are forever etched in my head.

Chuck and Brooks would be so happy right now.

Where'd he get "go to war, Ms. Agnes" from? That is such a unique signature line.

One thing the O's have had through the decades: great announcers. From Thompson to Mel Proctor and John Lowenstein (I loved them) and then Jon Miller and Joe Angel and Gary Thorne and Palmer and now Kevin Brown and Ben McDonald. The announcing was always great, even though the teams often sucked.

The team doesn't suck anymore. 

Watching the celebration and most of these guys aren't much older than my daughter. And there's plenty more percolating in the minors. Beware AL East. Yankees and Red Sox -- there's a new beast in town. Deal with it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Where'd he get "go to war, Ms. Agnes" from? That is such a unique signature line.

One thing the O's have had through the decades: great announcers. From Thompson to Mel Proctor and John Lowenstein (I loved them) and then Jon Miller and Joe Angel and Gary Thorne and Palmer and now Kevin Brown and Ben McDonald. The announcing was always great, even though the teams often sucked.

The team doesn't suck anymore. 

Watching the celebration and most of these guys aren't much older than my daughter. And there's plenty more percolating in the minors. Beware AL East. Yankees and Red Sox -- there's a new beast in town. Deal with it. 

He used that line for emphatic moments in games, like a walk off home run. Apparently a pro golfer used that as an alternative to swearing after missing a big putt and Chuck picked up on it.

You are 100% correct on our announcers through the years. We've been blessed as fans to have had some truly great ones. Chuck's in the hall of fame and Jon Miller is certainly on his way as well.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG_6970.jpeg

IMG_6974.jpeg

We were there last night also.

Section 6 down the right field line next to the scoreboard.

Really awesome! Love the way they play.

So glad Hyde got to reap the benefits of those awful years. Most of the time by the time the team is good the manager has already been replaced.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Chris78 said:

We were there last night also.

Section 6 down the right field line next to the scoreboard.

Really awesome! Love the way they play.

So glad Hyde got to reap the benefits of those awful years. Most of the time by the time the team is good the manager has already been replaced.

We were neighbors. I was in 8.

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic