• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

i am aerating and overseeding my lawn this weekend. I can pretty much guarantee a couple weeks of :stein: starting on Monday. 

It never fails. it can rain all summer long, but the second i put down any amount of grass seed, it doesn't rain for a month.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Imagine waking up needing to pee and the sheets are wrapped around you and stuck from sweat. Like a mummy. You try and try to get them off, but time runs out and you just have to pee in the sheets. 

Good morning C W. I agree but a close second is when I’m running to get to the comfort station upright, only to find that I’ve put my boxers on backwards again. Stay well, as always ….

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

March 2012 for sure, at least SNE/BOS.  I think there were like 12-13 days above 70F :lol:

March 2012 skews all our memories of that month's warmth.  In the 130+ years of the Farmington co-op, 3/12 holds the top 3 days and #5.  In my much shorter (25 yr) POR, there have been 6 March days warmer than a modest 64°.  3/31/2006 reached 70 and the other 5 came in 2012.  The climate is indeed warming but faux summer in March is a one-time phenomenon (so far).

Feels like March gets closer to summery temps than September to winter temps.

I would hope so, as March here averages nearly 30° colder than September.  :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man what a warm pattern coming up. Summer is back. 

Yup ...

... question is, how much so.

It's getting late. Yeah.  But that may be more of a psychological limitation. LOL. 

I'm not a huge fan of the solar dimming argument...( I've seen 80+ in February, we can do 95 on the hot side of the Equinox).  Just a matter of parameterization.   The models seem to want to create the scaffolding to support a pretty good solid 5 to 7 day significant anomaly potential, but then they play games with perturbations in the details ... kind of a something anything imaginable to fall short of that potential. 

Some times these idiosyncrasies disappear/proven model noise.  The Euro/GGEM had 18C at 850 mbs with a couple of days pulsing to 21C ... in a seemingly well mixed lower tropospheric continental flow.  2-meter temperatures?   83     ...um, okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Imagine waking up needing to pee and the sheets are wrapped around you and stuck from sweat. Like a mummy. You try and try to get them off, but time runs out and you just have to pee in the sheets. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pees to Maines ? 

One possible cause of night sweats in men is low testosterone, which you might be trying to solve for with constant air conditioning.

No need for you two to fear - a simple blood test can tell you whether or not you have low T.

The More You Know - The Peabody Awards

72/63 PC

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Have only needed AC a few days and they were all July. I don't quite understand the problem some have with sheets sticking to the body, but that should get checked.

We use AC in the bedroom every night. For some reason it gets super warm inside. And you know me...if I'm using AC it must be hot. but it does end up getting chilly. I usually end up wrapping myself like a caterpillar preparing to morph into a butterfly  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

We use AC in the bedroom every night. For some reason it gets super warm inside. And you know me...if I'm using AC it must be hot. but it does end up getting chilly. I usually end up wrapping myself like a caterpillar preparing to morph into a butterfly  

Careful. Spiders like butterflies.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, kdxken said:

Careful. Spiders like butterflies.

there was a spider on the ceiling above the bed the other night b/c my girlfriend wasn't able to get it. 

There actually haven't been many spiders that I've seen this year inside. There are a few dead ones on the spider traps in the basement. I have had a few tiny ones run across my desk but they were tiny so I was able to get them. Anything bigger than a large period I find someone to deal with it

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

there was a spider on the ceiling above the bed the other night b/c my girlfriend wasn't able to get it. 

There actually haven't been many spiders that I've seen this year inside. There are a few dead ones on the spider traps in the basement. I have had a few tiny ones run across my desk but they were tiny so I was able to get them. Anything bigger than a large period I find someone to deal with it

Home Defense spray FTW when it comes to ants and spiders in the house... I put that sh*t on everything!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

there was a spider on the ceiling above the bed the other night b/c my girlfriend wasn't able to get it

:huh:

• Haha 3