Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

We definitely pushed it back some. 

Yeah sometimes I know I come off snarky to DIT, it’s just sometimes the last decade of forum disco has gone like a microcosm of society, lol.  Apologies.

We used to love discussing actual model data and yes, it’s “a bit” on here and I know it’s joking most of the time, but mocking data and toeing the line blindly feels like it gets me as a larger societal issue.

I don’t mean for the snark to come through but we have data available to us to look at and discuss… once we just go blindly into the night, to go down with a ship we set sail on a whim, what are we doing?

Theres zero doubt it will get humid and hot again.  Zero doubt. But progs at end of July have definitely stepped back about 10 days now.  That’s not an insignificant amount of time.

Sort of like expecting a nice run in winter and realize that 10-14 days of climo vanished pretty fast.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah sometimes I know I come off snarky to DIT, it’s just sometimes the last decade of forum disco has gone like a microcosm of society, lol.  Apologies.

We used to love discussing actual model data and yes, it’s “a bit” on here and I know it’s joking most of the time, but mocking data and toeing the line blindly feels like it gets me as a larger societal issue.

I don’t mean for the snark to come through but we have data available to us to look at and discuss… once we just go blindly into the night, to go down with a ship we set sail on a whim, what are we doing?

Theres zero doubt it will get humid and hot again.  Zero doubt. But progs at end of July have definitely stepped back about 10 days now.  That’s not an insignificant amount of time.

Sort of like expecting a nice run in winter and realize that 10-14 days of climo vanished pretty fast.

Haha I was just being honest. The warmth and dews definitely got pushed back. It will come, but I don’t necessarily see a July repeat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

But we knew and we were mocked about model data. Typhoon recurve added a week

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Agree