Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

lol, a Great Lakes trough is great and all but it’s only one part of the puzzle. If it’s elongated across New England it’s not going to do anything close to how July went… with the GL trough encountering serious resistance from ridging in the maritimes that allowed for moist/humid air to stream well north over and over.

Yeah it needs to have the axis over the GL. Probably will after the 12th or so, but until then it's not a prolonged warm and humid pattern. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it needs to have the axis over the GL. Probably will after the 12th or so, but until then it's not a prolonged warm and humid pattern. 

Yup after the 10th as most have been saying /understanding. Until then it’s humid /fropa/ humid , after the 10th is July again. They’ll catch on as we get closer . 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Today is another winner. Swim get out dry in a minute. Not too hot sun. Cocadoodledewlessness 

I certainly approve of this break in the dewy pattern, but it's not exactly ideal for water activities.  My wife just sent me a video of my kids in the Adirondacks tubing with sweatshirts on...:lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I certainly approve of this break in the dewy pattern, but it's not exactly ideal for water activities.  My wife just sent me a video of my kids in the Adirondacks tubing with sweatshirts on...:lol:

Being probably 200 miles south in 72 degrees ocean water I can't relate

44 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Looks nothing like what we had in July, beyond Aug 10th or 12th or whatever. :lol:

It’s like in winter, have a huge January and everyone gets 30-60” of snow (July’s 10-24” rain), it’s cold and active pattern… folks start wanting to run it back in February.

But there’s a brief break. Just a “couple days before it comes roaring back” it’s said, next thing we know it’s after a week… then 10-12 days we’ll get back into it… by mid-month for sure.

Everyone would be bailing and in full panic if it was supposed to be a few day break in a pattern, that’s now 10-14 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

lol, a Great Lakes trough is great and all but it’s only one part of the puzzle. If it’s elongated across New England it’s not going to do anything close to how July went… with the GL trough encountering serious resistance from ridging in the maritimes that allowed for moist/humid air to stream well north over and over.

Loop a dewpoint map, the more humid days are rainy associated with cool fronts. Low dews days outnumber over 65 by a lot

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s like in winter, have a huge January and everyone gets 30-60” of snow (July’s 10-24” rain), it’s cold and active pattern… folks start wanting to run it back in February.

But there’s a brief break. Just a “couple days before it comes roaring back” it’s said, next thing we know it’s after a week… then 10-12 days we’ll get back into it… by mid-month for sure.

Everyone would be bailing and in full panic if it was supposed to be a few day break in a pattern, that’s now 10-14 days.

Yeah exactly, we saw that in 2020?  When EPS looked amazing week 2-3 for much of mid-late January, I think it was...but kept being delayed, then eventually denied.  And before you know it,  half of winter is burned through as it's early February. :D 

• Like 1

Federal officials have designated seven Massachusetts counties as “primary natural disaster areas” stemming from losses caused by heavy rains and flooding that walloped the region between July 9 and July 16, Governor Maura Healey’s office said Tuesday.

*Taunton was not included

• Like 1
  • Haha 1