Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 9th - 11th significant flood event

ineedsnow

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Brook raging?

It's actually already down quite a bit.  It is a very fast acting river draining all of Mansfield's east side, but as soon as the rain stops it flushes out pretty fast.  It was actually highest yesterday morning during peak rain rates and then came back up yesterday evening during heavy rain.  But as soon as rain rates drop the flow drops.

It all flows into the Winooski in the end.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 10:03 AM, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We’ve had close to 2 inches in Greenfield since yesterday.  

Then the sun came out after I typed this. It was kind of a nice day overall. About .4 or so that's it. Just that this is the third time heavy rain has been forecast this past two months that never materialized. Still better than the horror show up north, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It's actually already down quite a bit.  It is a very fast acting river draining all of Mansfield's east side, but as soon as the rain stops it flushes out pretty fast.  It was actually highest yesterday morning during peak rain rates and then came back up yesterday evening during heavy rain.  But as soon as rain rates drop the flow drops.

It all flows into the Winooski in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A friend of mine (Sam Cantell) sent me this pic overlooking the dam in Winooski. I have taken many flood shots from the platform across the river in this image but today it is cut off and closed. The path by the mill is flooded and some water is pouring onto the platform. If I was there I could use the new LAANC system to get approval to fly a drone over the river there but alas I am not (BTV airport is close by).

No photo description available.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What a difference 24 hours makes.  We ended up with 3+ feet of water in our yard and 6 feet of water in the basement after Irene.  Since then the town of Stowe have upgraded a 3' culvert to a 5' box culvert and replaced a double culvert with a bridge.  No flooding and I'm guessing the rainfall surpassed Irene here.  There was a lull yesterday afternoon that helped drain some of the water out before it started downpouring again late in the afternoon.

• Like 3