Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I truly hope this cooler summer is a sign that we are going to experience some sustained blocking this winter. It would be pretty terrible, but on brand, to see us flip to some raging +NAO and hostile PNA/QBO state this winter.

It wouldn't surprise me.  I'd like to see a good snowstorm or two, but the trend (for mostly obvious reasons) has been for us to pretty much need a perfect setup.  Hopefully, the mountains can at least score a respectable winter.

All I keep reading on here is about this nice summer.  I don't see it.  It's been consistently above normal since the end of June.  Maybe it's a local thing since it hasn't rained out here. But it seems like it's hit 90F almost every day this month, including today.  And we are definitely adding at least another 5 days to that tally this week.

ETA: pulled the data...yep, only 4 days this month below 90F.  This summer is more 2010 than 2014.

Screenshot_20230724_193820_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think most are talking the second half of spring into half of June.  Usually we start feeling summer temps in May, but not this year.  Definitely a cooler start.  But July turned around in comparison for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

All I keep reading on here is about this nice summer.  I don't see it.  It's been consistently above normal since the end of June.  Maybe it's a local thing since it hasn't rained out here. But it seems like it's hit 90F almost every day this month, including today.  And we are definitely adding at least another 5 days to that tally this week.

ETA: pulled the data...yep, only 4 days this month below 90F.  This summer is more 2010 than 2014.

It's been relative cool, There was a global warming spike, and we have been cooler in comparison to that. 

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

that's your new normal i'm afraid

3 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Still haven't hit 90 here all summer, highest temp 88.2 back on 7/7. After a record cool (-4.5) June running about normal thru 24th for the month. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Still haven't hit 90 here all summer, highest temp 88.2 back on 7/7. After a record cool (-4.5) June running about normal thru 24th for the month. 

Both May and June were below normal. At KNAK, only 2 days in July (all summer too) hit 90 so far.  Running a bit above normal (0.5 so far). So, here in AACo, it seems cool at first, and now normal, but I think the jury is still out until Aug/Sept happens.  

Other than the dry Westminster+ area, we don't have much to complain about yet.

10 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Jeezus, what a difference.  

Yeah, I've been consistently hitting 90+ most of July here. The last couple of days were the only negative departures of the month. With the incoming heat, July looks to finish at a 91 average high

14 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Summer is more than one month. Can't ignore June.

And yes, 90 is hot. But we can handle that. We haven't had many HOT unbearable days.

95+ days:

BWI - 2, IAD - 1, DCA - 0

That'll change this week, but we really haven't been too bad...

37 minutes ago, Its a Breeze said:

Summer is more than one month. Can't ignore June.

And yes, 90 is hot. But we can handle that. We haven't had many HOT unbearable days.

95+ days:

BWI - 2, IAD - 1, DCA - 0

That'll change this week, but we really haven't been too bad...

relative to the rest of the country, we have certainly gotten off easy so far.  Although it's just kinda following the theme of the year.  Nothing extreme... it's just warm.

7 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

relative to the rest of the country, we have certainly gotten off easy so far.  Although it's just kinda following the theme of the year.  Nothing extreme... it's just warm.

As is often the case in the last 10-25 years, a lot of the warm anomalies come from nighttime lows. 

• Like 1

This summer has been total weak sauce as far as heat is concerned. I’m actually looking forward to the heat wave for the sake of interesting weather and increased CAPE. Also curious to see how it compares to the 110+ I experienced in Nevada. My guess is it will be more uncomfortable in the shade, but more comfortable in the sun (that 110 hits quick in that desert sun especially hiking in it when you have pretty much no escape).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic