• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

Despite the persistent overcast there have been rare peeks of sun and ceilings are much higher than yesterday. Temperature is also 15 degrees higher and there's been no rain yet so it's definitely an improvement, but still far from ideal for the time of year.

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We hit Old Silver Saturday.. did the beach on Surf Dr yesterday near the house. I’d estimate water temp is 69-70

That seems warm for the Atlantic up there but I have no idea.  I feel like we used to go later in August and it’d be like 65F even then.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not sure where in Falmouth this is but it gets warm there 

IMG_2677.png

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

That’s impressive.  Not sure why I thought it really struggled to get over 70F.  Hasn’t been that hot either.

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

Buzzards Bay can hit low 80's, usually maxes around 77-80.

I grew up swimming and sailing on Buzzards Bay.  By the end of August it can be like bathwater.  The bay heats up more efficiently and holds the heat longer.

As a kid I remember people saying there’s a side branch of gulf stream water that flows into the bay and helps it heat up but I don’t know if that is true or not.

I will say this, the beaches in North Falmouth and Cataumet are amazing in September. There is nobody there and the water temperature is still in the 70s.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We hit Old Silver Saturday.. did the beach on Surf Dr yesterday near the house. I’d estimate water temp is 69-70

Have you guys gone to the Lobster Trap on Shore Rd in Bourne? Good eats, on the water but go early, they jam.   Having a drink on the lawn at the Chart Room is fun too. 

• Like 1