Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If only the July pattern was 6-10 weeks later .

seems to me we will have humid and wet again after next weeks hotter and dry but perhaps in a different 500mb set up 

Pattern will flip by mid August (15th to 20th) and the trough location will not necessarily be favorable for New England hurricanes.   Maybe later in September but the odds obviously drop by then. 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Pattern will flip by mid August (15th to 20th) and the trough location will not necessarily be favorable for New England hurricanes.   Maybe later in September but the odds obviously drop by then. 

Ya looks the trough by day 10+ has model confidence it  is centered significantly East and extending into SE canada and the N Atl block is gone . Looks like a More common Bermuda pattern On recurves seems more likely as usual , maybe that changes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya looks the trough by day 10+ has model confidence it  is centered significantly East and extending into SE canada and the N Atl block is gone . Looks like a More common Bermuda pattern On recurves seems more likely as usual , maybe that changes 

Hopefully we get a sunny warm finish to the summer. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Easily the best thunderstorm in metro Boston in at least the last 5 years. Nonstop thunder and lightning for over an hour. Then the torrential rains came with good wind. Haven’t seen a light show like that in at least decade and it continues to my NE along the north shore. Awesome night 

Logan had two storms with 50kt+ back in 2019 I believe. That was pretty epic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Not sure. They rain delayed it for severe weather for like 45 minutes, and as soon as he came back on it started pouring with flashes again.

As we were leaving he started playing a song that was towards the end of his set list so I wonder if it was sigfnicantly shortened just to get it done.

Why leave? I would have stayed.

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The eastern slopes of the Greens, in central sections have been Ground Zero IMO.  Also some spots of the eastern slopes of the Berkshires.  The 10-16" zone is highlighted along the Spine of the Taconics, Berks, Greens and into the larger scale eastern side uplift.  In VT it includes the Spine and eastern hills, Orange Hills, into NEK.  The SSE low level flow meeting with WNW energy aloft... time and time again.  ORH Hills down to Tolland Hills are going to precipitate on that SSE low level flow.  The zones getting the max drench all month definitely fit a distinct pattern.

13.48 for July to date here after 8.46 in June  21.94 in 7 weeks.

On the plus side was last night's rainbow:

IMG_0621 crop.jpg

Yes Hyde Park Vermont is hopping at 7:30 on a Friday night.  (I stood and lingered in the middle of the road to look)

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, BrianW said:

What a truly special summer. Couldn't draw up a better one. 

We might not experience this again in our lifetimes..

78379404_network_CT_ASOS__station_BDL__season_jul__varname_dwpf__agg_mean__year_1893__w_bar___r_t__dpi_200___cb_1(8).thumb.png.0d001e872c7b0a0258de9fdf1de47935.png

This summer kind of sucks. Too much rain and flaccid storms. Give me the 90s and 00s when we had hot spells and actual severe.

• Thanks 1